Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fancy banning rongtw .....

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Fancy banning rongtw .....

I don`t agree to plusnet/mods giving rongtw a perm forum ban, rongtw has helped lots of people in these forums with problems when plusnet staff have been to busy to help.

He has been a great support here over the years, and i wouldn`t have been here if it were not for him recommending plusnet to me back in 2011.

These forums went downhill the day they were made public, ive seen a few users trolling customers over the last 12 months and ive seen it happen to rongtw.

Its no wonder he got mad with them, fair enough plusnet/mods you gave him a weeks ban for posting an image about trolling in the forums but to then set a perm ban on a member whos been here for ages and has gone out of his way to help fix plusnet customers broadband issues is shocking.

People are leaving the forums because of the way they are being run.

59 REPLIES 59
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Fancy banning rongtw .....

Moderator's note:

Moved from General Chat to Community Site Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

@St3

We do not place permanent bans lightly and I suggest that you may not have all the facts.

As has been stated before we cannot go into individual cases.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@St3 wrote:

I don`t agree to plusnet/mods giving rongtw a perm forum ban, rongtw has helped lots of people in these forums with problems when plusnet staff have been to busy to help.

@St3

That seems strange as I was banned for 7 days (just been allowed back on the forum this afternoon).  I presumed he'd been banned for 7 days as well ... did something else happen?

St3
Aspiring Champion

The facts are rongtw has been treated unfairly............ and another fact is the forums are getting less and less active.

Yes @RobPN rongtw got a message saying the forum mods and plusnet staff have banned him for ever. 

They gave him a 7 day ban and then on the 7th day they tell him his now got a perm ban but do not explain enough why, not very fair tbh ive seen the post from strat.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

As I've said before, I'm of the ilk that says the referee is always right in a community activity. The community members are guests in a public space and PlusNet can suffer if it does not exert some form of control over the posting content.

Recently some the wildfires in the "Chat" have been well out of order and action was needed. Some of the newbie posters were looking for trouble and were provocative. Sometimes he used to annoy me, but I don't place Rongtw in the category of trouble maker, but he did react too quickly at times, he could have just ignored the troublemakers. They'd have got bored and gone elsewhere to peddle their views. 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

He also posted some truly ignorant, Ill informed, obnoxious and at times bigoted garbage to chat, and then their was his idiotic and blatant attempt at sockpuppetry...

So good riddance to him 

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Ye who are without sin cast the first stone.

Smiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.
St3
Aspiring Champion

he could have just ignored the troublemakers. They'd have got bored and gone elsewhere to peddle their views. 

True he could have but why did the mods allow for troublemakers to get this far, if they had acted on the real troublemakers then rongtw may never have got banned. And everyones posted something that someone else don`t agree with at some point on these forums.

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I'm saddened to hear this. I may well have missed something but if asked I wouldn't have put at the top of the list to be banned especially permanently.

If he has been banned for life then I expect there are at least a couple of others who have been also.

St3
Aspiring Champion

@Anonymous & his second account happihijabi should be perm banned too then.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Strat How does @St3 prove that supposed connection, or not? Have the mods considered looking into supposed duplicate forum IDs?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@St3 wrote:

he could have just ignored the troublemakers. They'd have got bored and gone elsewhere to peddle their views. 

True he could have but why did the mods allow for troublemakers to get this far, if they had acted on the real troublemakers then rongtw may never have got banned. And everyones posted something that someone else don`t agree with at some point on these forums.

I would concur with that view.

I have no problem with people being suspended for a week, a month, maybe even two or three months exceptionally. But forever?

Seems disproportionate to me.  Sad

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
St3
Aspiring Champion

Its kinda like bullying picking on one person who tried to stand up to a forum troll, but the mods choose to ban regular users who have gone the extra mile to help others over the years......... rongtw has had his punishment of 7 days ban making it a perm ban is a pretty low move which will result in less people using the forums including myself, we all used to be a great community what the hell happened Roll_eyes

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@St3 wrote:

Its kinda like bullying picking on one person who tried to stand up to a forum troll, but the mods choose to ban regular users who have gone the extra mile to help others over the years...

Quite so.

This is a 'Seasoned Hero', credited with 12 fixes, fifth most thanked in Chat, and second across the forums.

6973 posts since Dec 2010.

Image1.jpg

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)