Did you mean: 

Exception ID: 7D5F779A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exception ID: 7D5F779A

Exception ID 7D5F779A.jpg

Dear System Administrator,

"Exception ID: 7D5F779A" occurred at 08:43 BST on 9th June 2016

Please advise when this poor excuse for a forum will be fixed properly, so that we can look forward to a time when we don't have to endure this pathetically unreliable code constantly interfering with our usage of our previously great forum.

Angry

15 REPLIES 15
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Exception ID: 7D5F779A

I'm sure that this event was reported back in the early days of this forum being live - and still occurs fairly regularly.  Without a list of the known failings that have been reported and are (hopefully) being investigated by Lithium it's hard to track what to bother reporting again - and again - and again!

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We also need a SEARCH that can be relied on.

I did search for this number, but nothing was found.

Having a search that so often draws a blank when you know a topic does exist, doesn't inspire confidence, and you are left never knowing whether nothing relevant ever existed or whether the search was (again) unable to find what you were looking for.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

One of the possible problems with a 'Search' is that if the Fault report was accompanied by a screen shot, then it is quite easy to forget to add the failing fault ID within the searchable text area.  Mea culpa Embarrassed

I will try and remember - next time!

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

What interaction occured to get the error message @Anonymous? Thanks for grabbing a screenshot with the time as well, that should help figure out what went wrong.

@LouisaMartin, can you log a support ticket for this? The screenshot provided should give them enough information to pinpoint what went wrong.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

This is now reported and we'll await a response: #00119615

Louisa
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Lithium have the logs for the error and it's been passed to tier 2 engineers for troubleshooting. Ta

Louisa
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 wrote:

What interaction occured to get the error message @Anonymous?

I had just viewed this post - https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/EU-Referendum/m-p/1341296#M202975

and was in the process of leaving that page to look at other topics, but I can't remember precisely what I clicked, but it was either -

• My avatar - @Anonymous

or

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Lithium have found an underlying issue and will implement a fix next week to sort this out. Ta

Louisa
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LouisaMartin@jaread83 - It would appear then that fix is not in place as yet, as I encountered this same error this morning.

Error

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @Mook. @LouisaMartin can you let Lithium know?

@Anonymous, at what time did this happen and was it while you were browsing normally, replying or was it on a tab that had not been interacted with in a while?

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaread83 - The time stamp on the image is 08:25 so that's when it happened give or take a few seconds. I was using my usual link https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message:full and the message in question was at the top of the displayed list, I simply clicked it and the error was the results.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the info, it helps when the Lithium team takes a look at the server log files.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Anonymous - Lithium believe they've now managed to fix this issue. Can you please let me know if you get this particular issue again?
@jaread83 - FYI

Ta

Louisa
MauriceC
Resting Legend

@LouisaMartin   Is this fix on the live service or just on staging?

M