Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing posts on a phone

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Editing posts on a phone

For the long discussed reasons rich text / HTML is stripped out if a post is edited on a small viewport - e.g. An iPhone.

However is there an essential need to strip out the text content as well? Is it feasible to treat particular content differently? It's very annoying that tagging - e.g. @Townman can be typed as plain text, gets rendered as a clickable tag on save but is completely stripped out on re-editing. If the @text could be left as is, the save process would reinstate the tag ... and everyone would be happy.

What do you think Jack?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Editing posts on a phone

I dunno if it's the same on iPhone, but with Chrome and Firefox on Android you have the option to 'Request Desktop Site', (Opera too but it's more convoluted) which is what I do if I need to edit on a phone, then the HTML doesn't get stripped out
Mav
Fixes: 515

I do miss the lack of a Preview option even once the Desktop version is requested.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Maybe we could re-enable the rich text editor for mobile? I see a lot of users saying that they simply force the tinyMCE editor to appear by using the 'request desktop' option so maybe we. It seems a bit daft to use a plain text editor for content that uses HTML only for it to be lost when editting on a mobile.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

May be we might try that in another place?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Of course. I have enabled it in staging.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.