cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting accounts not completed correctly.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Deleting accounts not completed correctly.

From Owain Lewis.
--
It seems there's a bug in account creation: If you sign up for an account then delete it then sign up for another account from the same IP it refuses to create the second account. But the first is no longer available. Hence I can't get a log in now.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
8 REPLIES 8
billbo
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Deleting accounts not completed correctly.

I had the same problem last night - but it cleared when I closed and reopened Firefox. It must be a cookie thing (maybe :-\)
Lucy
Grafter

Yes, it is a cookie thing.
You have to delete the "community.plus.net" cookie folder. I deleted all my Plus.net cookies in Firefox and still wouldn't work. Then I discovered that the "community" one was in a separate folder
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Customers shouldn't be able to delete accounts, I believe this option was removed as it could have caused problems.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Liam
Grafter

Yep, it was there for a bit when we first rolled Community live with the Portal integration, but it has now been disabled.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The delete account feature has now been removed from regular accounts.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Metalguru
Grafter

This is some functionality that I think should be available on all forums (and other on-line communities).
If a user can join something, then he / she should also have the option available to them, allowing them to leave (delete themselves).   
Sadly (IMHO) -  it is hardly ever there for the humble user to use.
Which actually makes more work for the administrators who often get sent messages from users, asking for themselves to be removed from a community. And also, it just fills up the system with redundant accounts.
(Still,  some forums like to look busy  Wink ).
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yep.  I agree.
I'm not sure about deleting posts though.  I think an account could be deleted, but the posts remain?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
root
Dabbler

BUG Report - Account deletion then lockout.

Just for completeness i am raising this bug, which has now been fixed so it can be added to the list.i could post this before as i could not get onto here.
catch-22
If you registered with the Community forum you could delete your account and cause yourself to be locked out again as the portal thought you were still registered.
Colin fixed this so big props to him.
Something to do with it finding the de-actived forum membership and thinking you were already registered. even though the new alloed to regiter with the community forum component was created new.

Root.