Current Status as shown in profile

now shows as a blob only

13 REPLIES 13
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Current Status as shown in profile

It looks like a grey circle is for offline and a green circle is online, though they look quite similar.  If you hover over it, it'll say "User is offline" or "User is online"

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

The icon was changed in the upgrade - that's all.
Green = online, gray = offline.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hmm.  Grey looks more like a default  'don't know'  I'd prefer a more positive colour?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

@jaread83, would it be possible to change the colours (or at least the shades) of these?  They look quite similar and at a quick glance could easily be mistaken:

Status Icons.png

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can certainly look into that.

Edit: The green will be updated. The gray will remain.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Jack.  I agree with @MauriceC about the grey, but to me the main issue is differentiating between the 2.  I'm guessing the grey is in the corporate colour pallet though.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The green was updated before to be easier to differentiate but the classes applied to the elements have changed so it reverted to what it was before. I got a colour lined up ready. There used to be the text next to the status icon (online/offline) but it was encroaching on the username if they were too long and it looked bad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The image also appears to me to be slightly out of alignment (sunken) with the text as you can see from this:

Status Icon

This is from cropping the area based on the height of the text.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have made a note of that too. You guys have access to staging so I will see if I can fit in updating this around my current schedule for today and let you know.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have updated the icon colour so its easier to identify the difference between online and offline.

I have also removed the padding on the element so it should no longer be clipping.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks good to me @jaread83. Smiley

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

That's much better @jaread83 Smiley

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Those changes are now live.