Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community landing page comments

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Community landing page comments

A few observations on the main landing page:

• I've been active on the new site since Thursday yet I still get the "Welcome back........" announcement and the reminders to redo all the things I've already done!  The system knows my User name so should be capable of changing the announcement - or just remove it?
  • This page is worse than most of the new pages in its gratuitous use of space.  Need to scroll to even see the 'Quick Links'
  • Far too many bits of information and links that require lots of scrolling to access and much of it is repeated on the next logical stepping out point.  <<FORUM>>.  The net result (IMHO) is a cluttered uninviting experience for the User.  Keep the main landing page 'Clean' to act as a good clear launchpad to the many good new features on the site.

My 2p

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

1 REPLY 1
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Community landing page comments

MauriceC wrote:

• The system knows my User name so should be capable of changing the announcement - or just remove it?

I know where that's been said Cheesy but then people do forget or don't read it the first time. I just ignore it now.
Edit:It's that big yellow banner that's annoying me, but I expect we'll have to put up with it for a while Roll_eyes