cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community forum fault this morning ! (5-Dec-2017)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Community forum fault this morning ! (5-Dec-2017)

@jaread83

I'm finding it difficult to get into the forum today !

Every time I go to https://community.plus.net/

the page loads OK, but

two seconds later the URL automatically changes to https://www.plus.net/home/

and the Plusnet homepage loads.

At this time, this is repeatable every time I try it.

Fortunately I have forum links in my browser history so can navigate to a sub-page of the community, and that doesn't seem to be affected.

So for example https://community.plus.net/t5/Forum/ct-p/Forum  works OK

13 REPLIES 13
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Community forum fault this morning ! (5-Dec-2017)

Also getting the same issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using your link @Anonymous I can land on the page and stay there with out issue, so what ever it is it's not happening for everyone.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Anonymous, @ITWorks Not that it will be any help to you, but I have the forum index page set to open when the browser is loaded, and it is working perfectly for me.

John
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaread83

I'm finding it difficult to get into the forum today !

@Anonymous  @ITWorks  Are you by any chance connecting via a non plusnet connection this morning?  Could be an A B test of landing page?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

There may have been some issues early on this morning as a software release had gone out (we had teams in throughout the night doing this). I am not seeing any issues and have checked on a few external connections to make sure.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the same PC that I was using late last night for viewing the forum.

It was fine when I shut it down for the night, and then today switched it on, opened Firefox, clicked on bookmark to forum, and the rage redirect thing happened.

I'm on the same Plusnet connection as last night, there have been no line disconnections, and I have the same WAN IP today as I've had for the last thirteen years.

Oh and as usual, I only have a problem with this Plusnet community page, all other sites are working perfectly.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Nibiru wrote:.

Oh and as usual, I only have a problem with this Plusnet community page, all other sites are working perfectly.

It was a longshot based on a little bit of background rumour Lips_are_sealed   Perhaps we'll get an answer later?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@MauriceC on PN connection, all seems to be working fine now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something else is going on !

As I've been replying in the last couple of minutes, the forum has just ground down to snails pace, and pages are taking tens of seconds to load and using A LOT MORE CPU time to render than usual, nothing odd with my broadband connection though and other sites are working at normal speed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The original problem seems to have just disappeared  Thumbs_Up

and page loading time has just returned to normal  Huh

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Looking at the performance charts, the longest average loading time (of the last 9000 page loads), is the homepage at 219ms (due to the 'online users' component being quite heavy) but apart from that the page load time is quite acceptable being between 130ms and 70ms (at the top end of the scale). But this is unrelated to what you raised and there are no issues with the load time of the Community as far as I can see from the charts.

As I have mentioned, a release went out overnight and I have spoken to the teams involved and there was an issue with a site wide redirect to the new homepage and it was affecting Community. This has been fixed now.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Anonymous we're looking at this straightaway and I'll come back to you. 

@ITWorks @MauriceC

Louisa
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

the fix has been applied @Anonymous and as you confirmed, all working ok now.

We've released a new homepage for non existing customers and the rules around the testing of this needed tweaking. Sorry for the hassle this morning Thumbs_Up

Louisa