Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing the Notification Feed page?

FIXED
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Clearing the Notification Feed page?

I have Notifications set for a number of boards I'm following and try to keep up with them when I'm online and / or by selecting the 'unread' Topics within the board, but the list in the Notification feed keeps growing.  There must be a way to clear it down, but I can't find it?   Crazy2

Another minor niggle.  If you select My Notifications from the top RHS icon there is no quick navigation back to the Forum if you decide there is nothing of immediate interest to pursue. The 'Breadcrumb' trail only offers Community, so the quickest option to get back to the Forum is to select any one of the notifications. Not a good use of time.

Consider changing the Breadcrumb link to Forum?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

3 REPLIES 3
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Clearing the Notification Feed page?

Fix

There is an issue at present with the Notification list in that if you don't select the post from that list (ie. select it from a board list or Unread post list say)  it continues to show as Unread there. I've requested that it be linked to the read status elsewhere. This list will be added to every time you get a notification. The old ones are historic and have no further effect, and AFAIK there's no way of otherwise clearing the list.

With your 2nd point, not sure I'm with you there - you are on the Notification Feed list? You can use the big menu bar - Forum, Blog, Browse or the Fly-out menu, or the Useful Links at the bottom of the page.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Can someone 'unfix' this Topic please.  I must have been a tad enthusiastic when I originally agreed it was 'fixed'.

This part:

@Anotherone wrote:

There is an issue at present with the Notification list in that if you don't select the post from that list (ie. select it from a board list or Unread post list say)  it continues to show as Unread there. I've requested that it be linked to the read status elsewhere. This list will be added to every time you get a notification. The old ones are historic and have no further effect, and AFAIK there's no way of otherwise clearing the list.

Should remain on the 'Fix' list

Thanks

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Goto the post options menu of the fix, and unfix it there Wink

The issue I explained will not get fixed for some time I'm fairly sure,