Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Fixes Incoming - 13 May 16

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Bug Fixes Incoming - 13 May 16

I don't believe Louisa was referencing Lithium in the fortnightly releases, that was alternating between our website and the community site.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

@MauriceC wrote:

The problem from this side of the fence @LouisaMartin is that there is no way of knowing which of the many bugs that have been reported by the Community have actually been accepted and are being actively pursued either by lithium or by Plusnet. 

So my rather simplistic answer must be 'all of those which have currently been reported'.

M

I may be sharing my complete list of bugs and enhancements on the staging site so that the guys testing the staging site have a clear idea of what is being looked into.

This list will not be shared here though. Staging site only for test users.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@jaread83 wrote:

This list will not be shared here though. Staging site only for test users.

So I'm wasting my time reporting problems into a vacuum with little or no feedback on if / when the problem is being addressed? 

Not targeted at you Jack Angel  Secret Squirrel lives on (for older readers Wink )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Anonymous

Here's Lithium's response to your issue raised below:

"That's the result of the real-time notification service. While you will see that error briefly when switching pages, there's no actual issue being caused impacting users or service.

Basically, the service runs in real-time waiting for events so it can perform a toaster pop-up should they occur. If you refresh or change pages, that interrupts the service and that error is triggered to let you know. However, that doesn't mean the event will be cancelled, it will just pop up after during the next idle state."

The problem that REALLY causes me issues is the frequent horrendous file 'GET' times !

Louisa
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MauriceC wrote:

So I'm wasting my time reporting problems into a vacuum with little or no feedback on if / when the problem is being addressed?

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I FEEL TOO !,

This is supposed to be a 'community forum', and we are being excluded from making it better.

From the start, much of the constructive input from the community has been ignored, and after more than a month of reporting problems, NOTHING is visibly being done to address major issues, and Lithium seem to be doing nothing, or saying "there's no actual issue being caused impacting users or service" - when there clearly IS, or blaming someone else (Mozilla).

THIS FORUM IS NOW AN UTTER WASTE OF TIME !.

I am so fed up with problems being ignored, waiting up to 22 seconds for pages to load, or constantly losing my topic replies due to editor crashes or unexpected scrambling of text,  that I'm going to take a break from participating here, and perhaps come back in a month or two when hopefully something has been done to FIX any of the problems I've reported.

I've been a contributor to the old Plusnet forum, and previous Force9 forum, for over a decade, but now I really can't be bothered, as this new forum is a mess, it's too buggy, massively too slow, takes too much effort to use, and every visit ends in frustration.

I'll be back when there is something worth returning to, which doesn't require spending all my time having to perform work-arounds (like composing replies in notepad and pasting the text into the editor).

See y'all, have a nice summer.

P.S. then just as I was about to 'Post' this reply, I got -

AuthError.jpg

which I take as a sign that I really am wasting my time here, and no I'm NOT typing this on Firefox 46, and now this sodding thing won't preview ! ARGGGHHHHH !, F.F.S.  Angry

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Anonymous @MauriceC Nothing has been ignored so if you guys are not happy with the feedback I'm trying to provide for you WHEN I have feedback I can give, then maybe I won't bother. I have already told you that all these issues raised here on Live have been mentioned on Staging. I'm waiting to see the list of priorities, so I should be the one feeling excluded.

One difficulty that we all have is, that Lithium are doing various updates to the Live site here and I'm not sure who is being told what they are - the info is not getting to us!

And @Anonymous if you can't be bothered to provide feedback - at least to me, there is nothing I can do to try and put pressure on!

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Nothing I've posted should be perceived as a reflection on your personal involvement AO.  Much to the contrary your insight and interaction has been a model of how things should be done in a collaborative community.

We NEED more openness from PN to allow us on the outside to feel that our input has been accepted and evaluated and is on an action list  (or has been rejected.  I can accept being wrong!).

I'm still reporting and adding to the pile in the quagmire.  Angel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

, Please can you ask lithium if they belive the FF46 bug is due to Mozzilla , how come that the only Forum who i have problems with is this one Roll_eyes
on the mozilla suport pages it says the error is due to  using out-dated (no longer secure) TLS mechanisms in an attempt to secure your connection. Firefox protects you by preventing navigation to such sites if there is a problem in securely establishing a connection. When this happens, you will see an error page
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion

MauriceC wrote:
We NEED more openness from PN to allow us on the outside to feel that our input has been accepted and evaluated and is on an action list

I have been assured that every bit of feedback has been noted and listed, and as already mentioned, I am still waiting to see an action list, and believe you me, I've been moaning about it's absence as Jack and Louisa could confirm, and I'm not the only one. They are all probably sick of our comments which get more cynical as time goes on.

MauriceC wrote

I'm still reporting and adding to the pile in the quagmire.  Angel

Keep it up Wink

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

It has been 3 weeks since last notification of BUG fixes , is nothing else considered worth a Fix ?

Has the Fixing stopped , or Just that no posts are going public

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anotherone wrote:

I have been assured that every bit of feedback has been noted and listed, and as already mentioned, I am still waiting to see an action list, and believe you me, I've been moaning about it's absence as Jack and Louisa could confirm

@jaread83 - Three weeks since this comment, so where is this action list ?
Anotherone
Champion

And still waiting Roll_eyes

Edit: I think basically that everyone is so busy chasing their tails there isn't time to do it Shocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Busy doing what ? - this forum hasn't changed in three weeks !  Angry

How hard can it be to produce a simple action list ?

Anotherone
Champion

We are told that the staff resources available are not just for the forum. This is mentioned earlier in the thread, do you really expect it to have changed Lips_are_sealed

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Not many complaining = not very important.  Ignore them for long enough and they'll go away!

Did the bug list that @LouisaMartin was going to produce ever appear on "The dark side"?

I sincerely hope that there is no bonus to be gained for this new community site.  Sad