cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Border seperating posts and alternating post colours

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Border seperating posts and alternating post colours

Just a suggestion on this, since at the moment I feel it's hard to distinguish between the end of one post and the start of another on a thread. I had a little mess around with the code and came up with:

What do others think about how posts are currently displayed? Just my 2c Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
Spider
Grafter

Re: Border seperating posts and alternating post colours

I find that int the current display one post merges in to the next. The demarcation line for me is too light. I do like to two tone option, but a darker line would be a start.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't have a problem with the present demarcation - I suppose it depends on how good the grey scale is on your monitor.
Comment on the suggestion - the dark is too dark so those with eyesight problems may find it difficult to differentiate the text from the background.
Probably the old forums where the background changed from light blue to light pink with a white band in between may be clearer while maintaining the contrast between the text and the background.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Oldjim
I like your idea.    Smiley
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I don't have a problem with the present demarcation - I suppose it depends on how good the grey scale is on your monitor.
Comment on the suggestion - the dark is too dark so those with eyesight problems may find it difficult to differentiate the text from the background.
Probably the old forums where the background changed from light blue to light pink with a white band in between may be clearer while maintaining the contrast between the text and the background.

I just tested what you said and it is indeed my monitor - I have it set at night and gaming settings, so it's a lot brighter than intended. Do you think alternate colours would still be the better option, or do you think a lighter grey would be ok?
This would also be easy for PlusNet to implement - I already wrote the CSS to produce that screenshot Tongue
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
Do you think alternate colours would still be the better option, or do you think a lighter grey would be ok?

Hi MikeWhitehead
If you have the CSS for alternate colours pas it on to the teem.  That would be a quick fixe to the problem.  Smiley
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

There is actually the code there already for alternative colours (windowbg1 and windowbg2 IIRC, I haven't looked at their sheets since I originally started this thread). They could alter them easily that way to make it easier to see.
The changes I made with the CSS I wrote up was:
1) Make alternate posts more distinguishable
2) Put a black border around each post
3) Fix the length of the Thread title bar so it stretches over properly (currently, you'll notice post modification buttons, the horizontal rule between posts, post width, etc. is wider than the title bar)
They are all fixed rather easily, but it would be up to PlusNet if they feel they would be welcome changes (and customers too, since they would be the ones reading them :P)