Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking certain posters

FIXED
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Blocking certain posters

Sorry to sound all 'facebooksy' (I dumped it some time back) - but is it at all possible to stop being informed when 'certain posters' post on this forum, or even block them completely? 

I'm guessing not, but thought it worth asking. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Blocking certain posters

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Tech Help to Community Site Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav

Fix

This may be a radical idea and bucks the trend but...

... how about simply ignoring any posters that you don't wish to converse with and setting the Notification Email to Subject only thus avoiding seeing the contents.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman

You may already have seen this, but I've noticed that if you click on a username you are taken to an 'about username' page where there is an 'Ignore' button. However I suspect it may only block that person from PM'ing you.

Edit:  Whilst I was typing It looks like @Mav beat me to it with a similar idea, and he probably knows more about how 'Ignore' works than I do!

Mav

@RobPN

I meant ignore in the literal sense rather than use of the Ignore button which, as you rightly pointed out, simply prevents that person from sending you PMs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

An alternative approach to dealing with this issue was outlined by @dvorak here last year:

If you're unhappy with the forum functionality you are more than welcome not to use it.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@Mav

Sounds like a solution -  knowing somebody has farted, but able to avoid the smell. Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville