cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sunday 18th Dec pm... Another brief visit today and I observe that some avatars are not being displayed. Some are OK, others are not. Some one lost some bit of the file store?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Avatars not displaying

It depends on the user and the method they are opting to display their avatar. For some, they are choosing to use an external resource as the avatar reference and I know of a few users that the service they have chosen doesn't display the image all of the time unfortunately (flickr is one of the resources). We can't control how those external sites operate with hotlinking their files.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Avatars not displaying

@jaread83, Sadly Jack, that is not the answer / issue! As noted elsewhere, Lithium must have broken the Edge browser support. I have concurrent Edge and IE browsers looking at the service and IE displays Avatars (and other graphics) which Edge does not.

The attached screen shots have Edge on left and IE on right...

Also note that graphics in the PN menu fly-outs are missing.

Will check out on another PC and report back if the experience is different.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.