cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error on community - are you affected?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Authentication error on community - are you affected?

I'm staying on Waterfox v44 until an upgrade to v47 is available or until July.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@Anotherone As I confirmed in message 85 Lithium identfied an issue and it has been passed to development for further investigation.

After @jaread83 @mtrinder and myself caught up earlier today we wanted to update about the v47 and to see of those users were still experiencing issues.

Louisa
Mav
Fixes: 515

So far I haven't seen any issues with FF47.0.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Same for me now with FF47

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@LouisaMartin wrote:

@Anotherone As I confirmed in message 85 Lithium identfied an issue and it has been passed to development for further investigation.

I'd have perhaps rephrased message 120 if I'd seen your reply 119 before posting, but as I was mobile at the time, and with no cross-posting warnings, life can be tricky as viewing the discussion in a pop-up is a lot of faffing around.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @Anotherone we are still on this one and pushing Lithium. Ta

Louisa
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Anotherone can you please confirm you're still getting the issue? Ta

Louisa
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Just going to chip in here, I haven't had any authentication issues since upgrading to V47 of Firefox.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks @jaread83 it's just that @Anotherone isn't using FF at all and Lithium are trying to close down the issue, as they feel FF47 has sorted everything. 

Louisa
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

We will still keep our eye on the issue thats for sure. If users are having this issue still then we will recomend upgrading FF but if it still affects other browsers then we will need to have Lithium carry on investigations.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

FWIW I periodically see some form of authentication error if I happen to click post close on the heals of an auto save event.  Clearly difficult to reproduce, but it has become a discernable pattern.

PS: I have never used FF

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I have had the perception from quite early on that there were two (or more?) 'authentication' problems being observed.  I was initially a FF46.0 User, moved to FF46.0.1 to further investigations and then to FF47 as soon as it was available.  I'm comfortable that FF47 has improved the situation and that the more obvious and frequent 'Authentication' problems have 'gone away'.

But.  As @Townman suggests, there is a strong probability that there is still a less frequently occurring problem to identify and resolve.  Let's be cautious for a short while more before closing off this problem.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's difficult to reproduce, which I imagine it is @Townman would you be able to screenshot and time stamp it for me at all? It would be much appreciated, especially as you say, you're not a FF user.

Louisa
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

@LouisaMartin,

Next time it happens, I will!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Another option would be to split this current thread by moving the 'oddballs' and NOT FF related posts into a new thread with a suitable intro post back to this thread?  This has the merit of being able to logically close down the major contributory annoyance with a referable 'Fix' - whilst keeping the underlying problem 'Open' for further investigation.

Not a simple task, but possibly worth doing.?  Just need a volunteer with the appropriate permissions.  Angel

Defintion:  Volunteer:  A person who didn't fully understand the initial question.  Laugh