cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyances

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Annoyances

Scanning the various groups for interesting issues/discussion I'm struck by the number of posts redirected from one forum to another. Aren't the forum titles clear enough? Could there be a sticky added to the top of forums explaining what is welcome and what is best directed elsewhere?

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Annoyances

The board titles are perfectly clear - it's just that some posters don't look for the correct one.

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

When it comes to posting a new query I think some may simply use the first in the list - Broadband.

I do wonder if the helpful text for Broadband is not so helpful 'Get help with your Broadband connection here.' as, perhaps, some members won't look any further because Full Fibre is still broadband?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

See your point, and agree, @Mav . I forget I've been here a long time, and maybe actually look a forums categories before picking the correct, to me, one. Obviously I know my way round here blindfold, but I've been on two or three new ones recently, for various reasons, and still manage to select the correct board.

John
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@jab1 wrote:

The board titles are perfectly clear - it's just that some posters don't look for the correct one.

If it was that easy there wouldn't be so many redirected posts! Maybe you could explain this to those posters who don't follow your logic.

jab1
Legend

I have no desire to get into an argument, but I assume you have looked at the board titles - they look fairly self-explanatory to me.

No point in explaining once they've made the post though, is there, really?

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 77

Maybe some posters use the quick links, which have no description, note the now invalid TV link

Screenshot_20240213-191746.png

jab1
Legend

Never thought of that, @Dan_the_Van , but I see what you mean - never noticed them before, to be honest, but there again, it isn't the way I work.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@jab1 

And that is very much the issue - people work differently and people think differently.

Getting the right broad does at times need the thought process of "What is wrong with what?" and doing so in the right order.  Getting to the right board needs the following thought process "What is wrong?"...

• My Order (for whatever)
  • My Account / Billing (for whatever)
  • My Service is not working / I need operational help with
    • Land line telephone
    • Mobile telephone
    • Broadband (ADSL / FTTC / SOGEA)
    • FTTP
    • Something else

If you think from the bottom up in the above, you're likely to post in the wrong board.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Fair enough, @Townman . I accept we all think differently - be a weird world if we didn't - but I still think some people don't think, if you get my drift?

John