Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pics to a post limit

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Adding pics to a post limit

I agree @MauriceC. I will ask Louisa to raise a support ticket with Lithium about this and make a record of this thread on my bug tracker.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay... so the system is set to 9 files in the attachments component.

I added 9 files and it will not let me add anymore. So what's the issue here exactly? The attachments work as expected...

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Okay, so I checked the settings and everything is working as expected.

File attachments - limitted to 9 files. You cannot attach more than 9 files. This works as expected

Media uploader - There is a limit to 10 images being uploaded at once. This works fine. If you want to upload more, insert the ones you just uploaded and then upload the rest. You can insert as many inline images as you want into your post, its just that there is a setting in the admin panel that stops users uploading more than 10 images at once.

What is the issue here exactly? What browser are you using that is allowing you to add more attachments to a post? The browse button dissapears for me when I hit the limit.

Some screenshots would be helpful if you can describe how you managed to get around the limits.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Hmm.... so.... someone, somewhere, has sorted this problem out... but nobody is admitting to doing it... nor is anyone taking ownership of the original "error".. 

Not that I`m that bothered,...... just saying... that`s how it reads... from this "non-techy" side of the forum screen.....

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Think this is the main problem Shutter ,, Forum is not thought about for non tech people .

They have tried to make a too fancy forum with unecessary extras which only regulars use , Forum should be basic !! so 90% of customers find it easy

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just trying to understand what it is you are having trouble with. So I am taking ownership of this issue. As far as anything being changed.. Nothing has been changed as far as I know.

Once I know what it is that has gone wrong I might be able to fix it. If I can't fix it then I would need to raise a support ticket with Lithium. I need to know exactly what it is that you are having an issue with otherwise I am unable to help.

shutter
Community Veteran

The forum, as is, works ok for me... what annoys me is when the tech guys try to answer/show what they have done regarding fixing a problem, is that they give one liner responses, and expect everyone to understand their meanings... or .. they "prove" whatever it is they have done, for themselves, then talk about what they have done "proves" it works as it should have done.... in other words, they miss out the important bit in the middle...

see @jaread83  response prior to my last... 

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I tried to replicate what I thought you were having an issue with and couldn't get it to error in the way you described. If you want me to help you I am going to need more information about what you did. Without the details I have been asking, I can't help you.

shutter
Community Veteran

@jaread83 Hmm.... Maybe I was being too technical, in my original post, so I will try and simplify the story...

I made a post, about a Lunchtime picnic, on Southsea Common, an area of open land, down by the sea front in the part of Portsmouth, known as Southsea.  This "common" land is a vast area, and, I believe, was under the control of the Army until the Portsmouth Council bought it from the Army Department in 1922 to be used as a public park.

At the end of the post, I intended to post some pics of the Red Arrows, which I had previously taken, then processed, and finally re-sized to smaller file sizes so that they would not take a long time to upload. ( which was my normal routine) ...

On the old forum, I knew it was limited to 9.  but the "browse" button did not stop me from uploading more than nine, so I assumed that it had changed for this forum.... it did disappear after number 15 had been "browsed" and accepted for uploading... and that is when I got the error..

Strangely.. I thought that is what I said in my orignal post

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Were you using the media uploader or the file attachments when uploading the images? This is what I have been asking but you have so far not answered my question.

Edit: If we know which component you are trying to use, I can ask @HarryB about increasing the limits on that particular components to give you guys a bit more freedom when uploading large batches of images to a post.

shutter
Community Veteran

I don`t know anything about using a "media uploader"....

As I said... I used the Browse button,... found the files ( one by one ).. and clicked on the selected file(s) which then showed the file name and repeated the Browse button underneath for 15 times....

then when I clicked on the Post button, it told me there was an error.. and I had to X delete/remove 6 files before it would then "post"..

nowhere is there any mention of what kind of uploader i should use, or choose...  

If you have a more complicated version of the forum,  that requires you to choose what kind of uploader you use,  then that is something else you need to fix...  so that we are all working on the same background software,.....

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Well I just tried it and after 9 files the browse button wasn't there

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I believe this is what @jaread83 was referring to by the media uploader (Correct me if I'm wrong):

Insert photo.png

I've just added as many files as I could by clicking the browse button, and the button disappeared when I reached 9 files:

Add file 1.PNGAdd file browse.PNG

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran

@HarryB  Nope..... as I said,... I just clicked on the Browse button...

@Oldjim  as I said... then someone must have "fixed" it... otherwise I would not be reporting it....

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@shutter wrote:

@HarryB  Nope..... as I said,... I just clicked on the Browse button...

I was just clarifying for future reference Wink

I'm not sure what's changed between you raising this thread and now, but if you notice that the problem is back, please do let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet