Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

Quote from: mitchell20
Why should I pay using DD?
It's also doesn't cost you that much extra to process credit cards (and most certainly NOT debit cards)
I'm sick to death on companies (like Plus Net) using credit card processing fees for an excuse to increase the price.

A charge of £1.50 is a total rip off and nothing more than profiteering.  Mastercard and Visa used to charge us 1.6% on transactions.  I can't remember what we were charged on debit cards but it was in the region of 50p per £100 handled IIRC.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Looking at the Product specification for the NEW Anytime Package on this page https://www.plus.net/specialoffer/wlr2010Anytime/?WT.mc_id=ec_int_201011_VAT1&link=offer
, where does it say that there are 300 minutes of International Calls included?
And, what makes this a "Special Offer"?
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
A charge of £1.50 is a total rip off and nothing more than profiteering. 

I agree.
I was expecting the vat rise to herald a range of profiteering manoeuvres from all and sundry. Good old BT plusnet has not let me down on my suspicions.
I am not prepared to pay £1.50 card fee for my payment.
Lynda
Grafter

I only just joined Plusnet and I'm disappointed beyond belief as I was so pleased to get my international minutes as I paid £1.50 for those at Talktalk but if I understand it now I can't get them anymore unless I pay an extra £3.50 a month ?Huh
You've amended the peak times too so we don't get offpeak till 7pm which is a real nuisance. Along with putting up my line rental the first month after I just locked myself in 12 months with yourselves. It would have been fairer if you'd mentioned this when I joined and I could take the rises into consideration while I was shopping around. I'm paying for Caller Display and don't anywhere else and didn't mind that-small price to pay for such a good deal otherwise.
It's in no way a good deal now and I wished I'd never bothered signing up. So at least I can give you 11 months notice for my termination.....that's such a lowdown thing to do. I've been telling everybody how pleased I was with Plusnet and I'm so fed up now.
Merry Christmas to you too.
Lynda~
Angry
Santiago
Grafter

Are you making any other price changes?
Yes we are. From the 1st February 2011 we will be introducing a £1.50 monthly surcharge for residential customers paying via credit or debit card. This is to account for the additional cost of processing card payments.
To avoid this charge being applied, you can elect to pay your bills using Direct Debit instead. You can set up Direct Debit payments on our website here. The surcharge will only apply to recurring subscription payments and *not* one-off payments, like activation/cancellation fees and hardware expenses.
Or you can move to a another provider.
Be3G
Grafter

Lynda: are you sure you're in a 12-month contract? More likely, I suspect, is that you simply would owe Plusnet the cost of a router if you moved your broadband away within twelve months. Having said that, if you really are on a 12-month contract for your phone service, I would expect that the removal of the 300 minutes would constitute a detrimental T&C change and would therefore mean the contract would no longer stand.
Lynda
Grafter

I see that I can request a change to the Anytime package but that's the extra £3.50 a month and then you mention a NEW Anytime package-both starting on 4/1/11-so what is the price on the new Anytime, please ? And are the 300 minutes internationally available again please ? And do I get the first 3 months free ? If I am working this out correctly you've put my account up 36%.....do you think that's FAIR ?
Lynda~
Embarrassed
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Wheel_nut
Looking at the Product specification for the NEW Anytime Package on this page https://www.plus.net/specialoffer/wlr2010Anytime/?WT.mc_id=ec_int_201011_VAT1&link=offer

From the FAQ:
I don’t want to lose my included international minutes, what can I do?
If you’re an Talk Evening and Weekends customer and you’re concerned about losing your international call allowance then there are two options available to you. The first is to request an account change to our existing Talk Anytime package. This must be requested *before* midnight on the 4th January. The existing Talk Anytime product offers 300 included minutes to the top 20 international destinations, and will continue to do so after the changes on the 4th January (although new customers will not be able to sign up to it after this date). Alternatively you could change to the new Talk Anytime package that will be available from the 4th January. This product will feature a 25% discount off the cost of calls to the top 20 international destinations and the call plan is slightly cheaper.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Lynda
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
Lynda: are you sure you're in a 12-month contract? More likely, I suspect, is that you simply would owe Plusnet the cost of a router if you moved your broadband away within twelve months. Having said that, if you really are on a 12-month contract for your phone service, I would expect that the removal of the 300 minutes would constitute a detrimental T&C change and would therefore mean the contract would no longer stand.

Thankyou-yes, it was a 12 month signup. No doubt they have their backsides covered legally regarding their new terms and conditions..........it's such an horrendous kick in the teeth though. I shopped around for ages and did my homework before changing as I'm already broke and struggling and they've stitched me up a treat.
Lynda X
Cry
Lynda
Grafter

Quote from: 4C
Quote from: Wheel_nut

From the FAQ:
If you’re an Talk Evening and Weekends customer and you’re concerned about losing your international call allowance then there are two options available to you. The first is to request an account change to our existing Talk Anytime package. This must be requested *before* midnight on the 4th January. The existing Talk Anytime product offers 300 included minutes to the top 20 international destinations, and will continue to do so after the changes on the 4th January (although new customers will not be able to sign up to it after this date). Alternatively you could change to the new Talk Anytime package that will be available from the 4th January. This product will feature a 25% discount off the cost of calls to the top 20 international destinations and the call plan is slightly cheaper.

That lot is the CURRENT Anytime package-nowhere does it say what the NEW Anytime price is that I can find. Current one is the £3.50 with 3 months free....
Angry
Cheers, Lynda x

jim:green quote fixed mod:end
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is the bit you want
Are you making any other changes?
Yes we are. We’ll be retiring our existing Talk Anytime product and launching a new Anytime product at a lower price point. The calling plan for this new product will cost £3.50 as opposed to £5 and will be available from 4th January 2011. You can take advantage of a three month free offer by registering your interest here.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Oldjim,
The FAQs suggest that the 300 included minutes have been dropped from the Evening & Weekend package and also says that you can retain this by changing to Anytime.
I think that it is an error on the Product Specification page that the 300 minutes are not included. .... But only Bob can tell ...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

He has already - you can retain the 300 included minutes by switching to the old anytime package but only before it's removal
After that you are stuffed
If you’re an Talk Evening and Weekends customer and you’re concerned about losing your international call allowance then there are two options available to you. The first is to request an account change to our existing Talk Anytime package. This must be requested *before* midnight on the 4th January. The existing Talk Anytime product offers 300 included minutes to the top 20 international destinations, and will continue to do so after the changes on the 4th January (although new customers will not be able to sign up to it after this date)
Alternatively you could change to the new Talk Anytime package that will be available from the 4th January. This product will feature a 25% discount off the cost of calls to the top 20 international destinations and the call plan is slightly cheaper. You can register your interest in the new Anytime package
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just told my Refferal ( Girlfriend ) about this hike In the Unlimited ( Legacy ) product going up £5.00 next year, So I logged Into her account and got that changed over for her on her next billing date, Funny thing Is theres no banner In her account acknowledging the change on the 19TH Dec, I hope she does change over OK as I have saved her £7.00 tonight with just a few click's and she was Impressed Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Oh no I think I have got mixed up with myself here, The Unlimited price Is going up not the Plusnet Premium? Oh dear, Well saved her a few quid regardless Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.