Did you mean: 

VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

Hi guys,
We have started emailing customers to advise them of changes that we’ll be making to a number of the services we provide. Most of these changes will take place on the 4th January 2011 when VAT is also set to increase from 17.5% to 20% as per the information on the HM Revenue & Customers website here.
The FAQ to accompany the emails that are being sent can be seen here.
This thread is being started to capture any feedback or questions you may have about the changes. Anything that isn't covered in the emails and FAQ, we'll do our best to answer here.
Thanks,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

523 REPLIES 523
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

Just read the FAQ - these are really major changes - this topic is now a sticky
Oldjim
Resting Legend

For me the change to Talk Anytime is an advantage as I don't call abroad but what about the following
Do I get the free months if I switch from the existing Talk Anytime - it looks as though I do but I would like to be certain
Can I stay on the existing product
Is there any change to the cost of addons such as caller display
Edit - I should have read the whole FAQ before posting  Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend

This may be incorrect
Is anything happening to my inclusive minutes?
The 300 included minutes to the top 20 international destinations are being removed from our Talk Evenings & Weekends package. All other inclusive call allowances are staying the same.
Isn't included in that package at present - was it ever?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's a pity the Caller ID charge is remaining as Caller ID is widely regarded as a standard feature on home and mobile phones. Sad
After all we don't expect an extra charge for the ring Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Oldjim
This may be incorrect
Is anything happening to my inclusive minutes?
The 300 included minutes to the top 20 international destinations are being removed from our Talk Evenings & Weekends package. All other inclusive call allowances are staying the same.

Pretty sure it's correct.
Quote from: Oldjim
Isn't included in that package at present - was it ever?

Yes, it was.
Edit: If you're looking at the matrix on this page, then that was updated yesterday to remove the international minutes form the Evenings & Weekends package. You'll also notice reference to it in the footer on that page. AFAIK (but don't quote me on this), the international minutes will still be given to new Evenings & Weekend customers and then removed on the 4th January as per the FAQ.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pierre_pierre
Grafter

what happened to the FAQ page?
Home » Page not found
Uh oh!
Sorry, we couldn't find the page you requested. Please use the search form to find what you're looking for.
jbcplusnet

Hi,
Can I use Plusnet Anytime service using my BT line?
I pay BT line rental. Unfortunately I signed up for line rental with BT for a year last September.
Then I signed up with them for £4.99 a month anytime calls a few days ago. I think I can still cancel this.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The FAQ URL should be sorted now Pierre, it changed but I've since modified my post.
Quote from: jbcplusnet
Can I use Plusnet Anytime service using my BT line?

Unfortunately not, you'd need to be paying us for line rental.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

The 300 inclusive international minutes will be removed from our Talk Evenings & Weekends product,

What a dirty low-down trick  Cry
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
between1and16ch
Grafter

Sounds important. This is exactly what I got as an email, so is there a way of requesting that the information is resent, please?;

Hello.
Important information about your Plusnet service.
[?][?]. So what you pay for your PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 3 (Monthly Contract) service will stay the same. Champion.
[?]*[?]new call plan FREE for 3 months.^

[?]Member Centre[?]set up a Direct Debit if you need one, you can do it all online.
[?]
[?]have a read of the FAQ[?]
All the best,

Nick Rawlings
Commercial & Marketing Director, Plusnet
mitchell20
Grafter

£1.50 fee for paying by card from Feb 2011 - I DONT THINK SO.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: 4C
The 300 inclusive international minutes will be removed from our Talk Evenings & Weekends product,

What a dirty low-down trick   Cry

Although worth remembering they weren't originally offered with Evenings & Weekends. If you use this feature a lot, then it might be worthwhile upgrading to the existing Anytime package before it changes on the 4th January. Having said that, your sig says you're on Anytime already and not Evenings & Weekends? Huh
Quote from: between1and16cha
Sounds important. This is exactly what I got as an email, so is there a way of requesting that the information is resent, please?;

Are you viewing the message as plain text or HTML (although it shouldn't matter) and what email client are you viewing it in? We can probably send another, but at the moment I'm more concerned that you were unable to read the message?
Quote from: mitchell20
£1.50 fee for paying by card from Feb 2011 - I DONT THINK SO.

Easy solution to that would be to set up a Direct Debit? How come you abject to the idea?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

mitchell20
Grafter

Why should I pay using DD?
It's also doesn't cost you that much extra to process credit cards (and most certainly NOT debit cards)
I'm sick to death on companies (like Plus Net) using credit card processing fees for an excuse to increase the price.
between1and16ch
Grafter

Ah, thanks, it shows fine in Yahoo webmail, so it must be my mail client (Evolution 2.30.3 AMD64 linux). I've used Evolution since it's 0.0.1 days, and this is the first time to my memory that I've come across a problem like this, which is why I hadn't considered it. Bit of an uncommon client for your userbase, so probably not worth worrying about, but if you do want to bounce test mails at me anytime, feel free. Smiley
Thanks.

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: between1and16cha

Are you viewing the message as plain text or HTML (although it shouldn't matter) and what email client are you viewing it in? We can probably send another, but at the moment I'm more concerned that you were unable to read the message?