Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

mikealexander
Grafter

Re: Unlimited/Essentials product launch December 2012

Quote from: spraxyt
Traffic management is applied downstream only. Its purpose is to prevent arbitrary dropping of lower priority packets by the bRAS in the exchange on their way to the end user because the copper line is already maxed out. In the upstream direction that bottleneck (and the host links) have already been traversed by the time Plusnet see the packets so it is pointless and unnecessary to drop anything.

That makes complete sense. Thanks for the clarification.
transition

Quote from: spraxyt
Provisioning of both Essentials and Unlimited is generally with capped upload at 448kbps. However on 21CN ADSL2/2+ (and I think ADSL1) upload will be uncapped free of charge if requested giving whatever the line will deliver (up to the maximum of 1Mbps).
As you haven't had a router in the last 12 months I anticipate a router would be offered if requested on payment of £5.99 P & P and agreeing to stay for 12 months. You could contact the CSC on 0800 432 0200 to check and for them to take the P & P charge.

The move to Unlimited has been made seemlessly -- thanks!
I'm on ADSL2/2+ and would like to request that my upload rate is uncapped. Is it sufficient to do that here or should I go to the ticket system?
Turns out that the router was offered to me as an option on the web page. P&P charge was paid so I'm expecting delivery soon.
Thanks again!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@transition
We do have a ticket system where you can do this at http://contactus.plus.net but I've taken the initiative and placed a modify order to do this. It will complete tomorrow for you.
transition

Many thanks for the swift response!
jim:quote
Verdelet

If I want to change to the Plusnet Unlimited (No Contract) product, I've noticed the estimated download speed is 5.5mb, my current speed is usually between 7-10mb, would I still get that speed or is the unlimited package speed capped at 5.5mb in some way?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you keep the same speeds
Verdelet

Sweet, thanks for the swift response mate, I shall raise a ticket now.
EDIT: Meant request a product change, not raise a ticket. Unlimited broadband for cheaper than I was paying for limited broadband? What's the catch?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You don't raise a ticket - use the product upgrade route - see the FAQ linked to the first post inn this thread
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Will the new PN Unlimited package be identical to the current JL Unlimited package?
Regards
Mike

Been a while since I looked at the JLBB package. I'd have to confirm the situation and get back to you. If it's not the same it's going to be pretty damn similar.

Hi Bob (Pullen), do you manage to find out about the above  Smiley
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Will my move to unlimited just happen at my next billing period (13/1/13)? The reason I ask is because I can find no evidence of the request for a move to unlimited in my account. There is an order on 19/12/12 that ties up with the request date but that seems to be for my current product (Extra +60GB) and is marked as complete.
PT
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Have you requested a move to Unlimited through 'Product Change'?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

yes on 19/12/12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

When I ordered mine I looked in here and could see 'Unlimited' pending.
Now it says 'Complete'.....and yes it should change on the first billing date after you placed the order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

I am seeing this:
19/12/2012 BP00567998 Extra with included 60GB bandwidth £17.99(monthly) Complete
View order status
Upgrade
Data transfer usage
Update payment details
Looks like there may be an issue. Can someone at PN check for me please as I want it to come into effect for next billing cycle.
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

just gone through the process again and it let me re-order unlimited at £9.99 but can someone please check this is going to happen as the order still doesn't show in my account summary.