Did you mean: 

Strong Passwords!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Strong Passwords!

Hi all,
Quick heads up that on Wednesday we will be rolling out changes to the platform that will allow customers the ability to choose much more secure passwords.
For those that don't know, customers are currently restricted to using a 5-8 character password containing numbers and lowercase letters that must start with a letter! The option to allow stronger passwords has been the most voted for suggestion on the Usergroup Issue Tracker for a while now and we recognise that it's something a lot of you have been asking for.
As of Wednesday customers will be forced into choosing a password that's between 8 and 16 characters when they signup. This password can also contain any of the folowing characters:
!#$%&()*+,-./:;<=>?@[]^{|}~
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

You will not be forced into changing your existing details so anyone with a password not meeting this criteria can continue using their current credentials.
Password changes on the portal will propagate around all the systems (FTP, Mail, Portal access etc.). The only system that will not support the new password format will be FrontPage. FrontPage will only take into account the first 8 characters.
If anyone has any questions or feedback then please feel free to contribute to this thread and I'll do my best to provide answers.
Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵