reserved
Grafter

Re: Sheffield-based Help & Support

Thanks Bob
If you ring now only 3 calls waiting!  Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

Upto 30mins+ now with 41 in the queue.  Not so good.  One wonders how quickly a sales call might get answered at the mo.
chickendippers
Grafter

This is certainly welcome news Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

This Is very welcomed, Great to bring It back and create jobs aswell, Win Win all round I say, Well done Plusnet!!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
chickendippers
Grafter

Rather ironically I'm willing to bet the Durban Call centre staff never had trouble getting to work due to snow Wink
mal0z
Grafter

Yes - hindsite is a winderful thing - who would have expected this severe weather this early affecting Sheffield
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not the Met office that's for sure
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I wonder how really cold countries cope with a few inches of snow?
We can't cope with the various changes of state with regard to water.
Solid - don't go out because the ice will kill you. Cheesy
Liquid - forthcoming - move to high ground to avoid the flooding. Cheesy
Vapour - forthcoming - all the water has evaporated and you can't water your garden and you will die of thirst. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

LiamM
Grafter

I can't really believe Plusnet still don't have a solution for remote working in terms of taking calls from home too.  It's just as easy to monitor agents / QOS calls as it is being in the office and agents have VPN access to internal systems from home.
Back in 2004 when I was a BT Broadband campaigner we were invited up for a reception at the BT Tower and during the day went to the BT Showcase to see BT's remote working technology, even then it was impressive.  The snow would not be an issue then and customers would not even notice.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Liam
I can't really believe Plusnet still don't have a solution for remote working in terms of taking calls from home too.  It's just as easy to monitor agents / QOS calls as it is being in the office and agents have VPN access to internal systems from home.

We *have* had agents taking calls from home. Only a few mind you as this is the first time we've tried it. I'm sure once the initial teething problems have been sorted it'll become more commonplace.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pierre_pierre
Grafter

its been available a lot longer than that,  My firm had a Siemens very large internal system  (5000 pus extensions),  I could call divert my desk phone to my mobile very simply and take the calls,  My own mobile used on works trips in Wales,  And on Company trips to Italy and Austria, on a Company O2 mobile.  that was in 1995, we could also do a simple dial into the company network on O2 with a two digit+extension
My SWMBO used to dial my desk in Basildon, I answered in Lecce Italy, all a local call from home
Santiago
Grafter

Peter, please make some allowances. Remember this is a BT company
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and as usual BT is well behind the rest of the world
LiamM
Grafter

We run a VoIP based PBX and the phones connect via SIP so we simply plug a phone in anywhere with an internet connection and voila - it's just like we're in the office.  Has been that way for 4 years now and we have staff set up at home 'just in case'.  Only needed it once when our internet connection went down at the office but it came close to needing it this week.
JonJon
Grafter

I think they managed well - better than EDF Energy who had a recorded message saying they weren't taking ANY calls due to the snow!