Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Re: Launch of new Plusnet Fibre Products - 80/20 and 250GB usage allowance

Does this take a bit more time than I have allowed?

Hi kingkobra, yes this is just because it needs some love from a member of our provisioning team to book the appointment manually.
You should have a reply for you very soon
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Quote from: meh
I swear its supposed to change on billing day?! Can someone at PN confirm I can now go mental with the downloads?

It should Huh I'll have somebody take a look at what happened there.
Quote from: kingkobra
Anyone in a PN towers? Smiley

Yep Cool
Quote from: kingkobra
I ordered the fibre upgrade on Tuesday, and had to enter my three preferred engineer dates. I entered them for mid September.
I've not had any confirmation of which date has been booked for me though. Does this take a bit more time than I have allowed?

Yes, somebody needs to sort it out manually for you. Pretty sure somebody will be in touch once it's booked. If not, just keep an eye on ticket 58757139 here.
Edit: Adam beat me to it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I was part of the trial for the 80/20 FTTC service and tried to upgrade for the £19-99 price but the usagae has not changed neither did i receive a confirmation email telling me of the change .Only email received was the one about the 80/20 FTTC coming off trial stage .
Picnic
Grafter

Nice to see a screenshot showing the 250GB allowance but if PN's maths remains as shown you'll get a lot more
2.46+1.34+1.5+5.08 adds up to more than 5.3 in my book! Adds up to more than 7.24 as well!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Picnic
2.46GB+1.34GB+1.5GB+5.08MB adds up to more than 5.3 in my book! Adds up to more than 7.24 as well!!
Who needs to go to specsavers then  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: jamesanstee
I was part of the trial for the 80/20 FTTC service and tried to upgrade for the £19-99 price but the usagae has not changed neither did i receive a confirmation email telling me of the change .Only email received was the one about the 80/20 FTTC coming off trial stage .

It won't change untill your next bill date plus you don't get an email apparently but the PN gurus are looking at that.
Have a look in the closed questions within the member help centre, you should see something that is both confusing and contradictory but I'm told it means an order has gone in to change your product on the next billing date.
Gerry.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Gerry

It won't change untill your next bill date plus you don't get an email apparently but the PN gurus are looking at that.
Have a look in the closed questions within the member help centre, you should see something that is both confusing and contradictory but I'm told it means an order has gone in to change your product on the next billing date.
Gerry.

I've checked through all  my closed questions and there is nothing in there about it but i have seen someone else post a screenshot and there billing date is around the 10th -11th yet they have the 250GB allowance already so that just don't make sense how they have it so quick ... mind boggles.....
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've checked through all  my closed questions and there is nothing in there about it

That's odd - there are now four closed tickets (questions) on my account for the day I requested the change.
but i have seen someone else post a screenshot and there billing date is around the 10th -11th yet they have the 250GB allowance already so that just don't make sense how they have it so quick

Bob Pullen posted that he thought that was an error.
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

There's four closed questions on mine too.
My billing date was the 11th so a while to wait. Having said that nowt has changed as far as speed is concerned so I can wait. I don't download anything near 250GB so no big deal. Not that I'm complaining you understand, seriously I'm not, nada, nowt, happy as Larry, honest.  Grin
Gerry.
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

I've checked through all  my closed questions and there is nothing in there about it but i have seen someone else post a screenshot and there billing date is around the 10th -11th yet they have the 250GB allowance already so that just don't make sense how they have it so quick ... mind boggles.....

I was as suprised as anyone to see I had it that quick too, honestly. (No joke my face was like Beakers when I saw the usage page) - Its kind of unfair but I suppose I just got lucky (heres to hoping Im this lucky this day next week when its GCSE results day  :))
Quote from: Oldjim
Quote from: Picnic
2.46GB+1.34GB+1.5GB+5.08MB adds up to more than 5.3 in my book! Adds up to more than 7.24 as well!!
Who needs to go to specsavers then  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes

Grin
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Just found an odd ticket in my account regarding the upgrade to the 250GB usage allowance though i did change product to the new one and did'nt get confirmation but i just found this ticket hidden Service Notice #139861496< Back
Service Notification
3:17pm, Wednesday 15 Aug 2012
An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband order is being processed by the supplier.
The activation will complete by midnight on 22/08/2012.  So does this mean my usage allowance will be upgraded by midnight on the 22/08/2012 or am just reading this wrong ?
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You're reading it wrong. The supplier is Openreach (or BT Wholesale, can't remember), who have nothing to do with the usage allowance.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: KevinG
but i have seen someone else post a screenshot and there billing date is around the 10th -11th yet they have the 250GB allowance already so that just don't make sense how they have it so quick

Bob Pullen posted that he thought that was an error.

Yep, there's an open problem on it (ref: 72437).
Quote from: Gerry

Gerry.

Your account is scheduled to change on 05/09/12 although I've a suspicion it will might change on or around 21/08/2012 when the modify order to regrade your service is due to complete. This is due to the above problem.
There's a service notice raised against your account about the change you requested (Service Notice: 139801546).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

JEB
Grafter

I have the same message as jamesanstee on a ticket:
An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband order is being processed by the supplier.
The activation will complete by midnight on 23/08/2012.
Does this message actually mean what it says and that an product change is going through BT's systems?  I thought that as I was already on 80/20 any product change would be rejected?

James
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: JEB
Does this message actually mean what it says and that an product change is going through BT's systems?

Yes it does.
Quote from: JEB
I thought that as I was already on 80/20 any product change would be rejected?

It will. It's nothing to worry about though.
Your account type will be changed on the 22nd.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team