Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone price increases delayed until November

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Home Phone price increases delayed until November

Quote from: w23
...as long as you have your ticket then you're safe (just make sure you can find it in the unlikely event of things going wrong).

That shouldn't really be necessary - there's an entry on my credit card statement and under my account details at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0 that shows I've paid.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Finding the ticket to refer to, or the transaction in "My account" pretty much amounts to the same thing, either would do, so as long as one exists that would be good enough (technically both should exist). If neither of them existed then obviously a "bank" statement would be ultimate proof.
Sadie
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
Renewal should be possible from 3 months before the anniversary of the billing date when LRS took effect. So if LRS is due for renewal on 31 Jan 2013 you should be able to renew from 31 Oct 2012. This gives plenty of time to renew at the pre-increase rate.  Smiley

Thank you.  My bill is due at the beginning of the month so when I used the link for the LRS it actually said that I could pay now.  Smiley
kdhuk
Grafter

There's still a problem trying to pay for transactions on PN site using cards using Firefox
The dropdown box for card expiry date in Firefox has a single digit for Jan - Sept  ie  1 through to 9  rather than 01-09  which the site then rejects as an invalid date .
I've just renewed LRS saver and had to use IE to get the dropdown box to work properly .
This also occured a year ago and hasn't been sorted
KevinG
Rising Star

That's interesting because I renewed my LRS a month or so ago using Firefox and didn't have any trouble. My credit card expiry date is 09/14. Are you on the latest version of Firefox (16.0.2)?
kdhuk
Grafter

yes  16.0.2
used Amex card
KevinG
Rising Star

Mine's a bog-standard Mastercard - is it possible that it's an Amex-specific thing?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Could be. @kdhuk, I don't suppose there's any way of you contacting Amex and getting clarification that it was the shortened expiry date that caused the problem? It's a little tricky for us to locate the cause of the problem here due to the way our systems/merchant provider talk to each other.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kdhuk
Grafter

The web site doesn't know it's an Amex card until you click "pay now" - does it ?
The dropdown box is lacking the zero's in Firefox even before card number is entered .

Had same problem when I joined PN a year ago with a Mastercard
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is the portal showing the new post-November pricing? I want to be sure that I'll be sending correct up to date info to an acquaintance, who's with Talk Talk.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
KevinG
Rising Star

Yes, have a look and see!
Kelly
Hero

Quote from: kdhuk
The web site doesn't know it's an Amex card until you click "pay now" - does it ?
The dropdown box is lacking the zero's in Firefox even before card number is entered .

Had same problem when I joined PN a year ago with a Mastercard

Can you screen grab that for us?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Luzern
Hero

@ KevinG.
Thanks!
I needed to be sure as I do not use PN phone, so am not familiar with old and new prices,
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.