Did you mean: 

Home Phone price increases delayed until November

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Home Phone price increases delayed until November

Hi all,
This is an update to the notices we've been sending over recent weeks advising customers that we'll be making some price changes to our Home Phone service towards the end of October.
Due to an error, some customers did not receive the communication we sent detailing the changes to our Home Phone, line rental and call plans. We're going to contact these customers this week and, to ensure everyone has had the necessary advance notice, we'll be postponing the price changes for all customers until mid-November 2012.
Apologies for the confusion and sorry for the concern caused to any of you who didn't receive the initial notice.
Please, note that we will *not* be sending another email to those who've already been advised of the changes.
Thanks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

27 REPLIES 27
stenataar
Hooked

Re: Home Phone price increases delayed until November

I have a 12 month contact with Plusnet and so assume I will not have any price change during my contract period unlike some disreputable companies that have tried to do this and suffered many complaints via offcom etc.
I guess Plusnet would not treat their customers in such a shoddy way!
mushy
Grafter

Hi
Does that mean the LRS price increase will also be deferred untill mid November ?
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: stenataar
I have a 12 month contact with Plusnet and so assume I will not have any price change during my contract period

Does your contract actually specify that the price is fixed for the duration?
James
Grafter

Quote from: mushy
Does that mean the LRS price increase will also be deferred untill mid November ?

Yes
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Shame really, I renewed mine earlier than I needed to  Smiley
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Hi
I have just gone to the renew link and found that payment cannot be taken as a direct debit, which is the way I paid last year. Is there a reason for that?
Thanks
Dave
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The direct debit route was only if you took it out before it became live. After that it was always by some other payment method.
But - for the life of me - I have no idea what the problem is
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We've never been able to take one off payments via Direct Debit. As Jim's pointed out, the initial payment when first signing up's ok but subsequent renewals will need paying via card.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Sadie
Grafter

My current LRS was paid last December to take effect in January 2012 bill.
Can somebody tell me please by which date I need to pay this again to get the lower price?
Thanks.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Renewal should be possible from 3 months before the anniversary of the billing date when LRS took effect. So if LRS is due for renewal on 31 Jan 2013 you should be able to renew from 31 Oct 2012. This gives plenty of time to renew at the pre-increase rate.  Smiley
David
Picnic
Grafter

How does one see on one's account when the advance rental runs out? Mine is Christmas day I believe I've already taken advantage of the 3 month window to renew early so it should now run out Christmas 2013. In light of this why have I received an email telling me my rental expires 25/12/12 and I might like to renew early to beat the price increase.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Login to the Member Centre and visit https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal to see the status of LRS on your account. If you lose the link you can find it by logging into the Member Centre, clicking Phone Calls at the top of the left hand navigation menu, then the LRS banner image on the right hand side - don't worry that it is titled "Sign up".
Sorry, I don't know if the date shown updates once renewal has been effected. However if payment has been taken you should find a service notice (closed ticket) on your account dated on the date you paid that records the payment.
If you have paid the email will have been sent using an automated process that doesn't check, so I wouldn't worry about it.
David
Picnic
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, I've book marked that link for future reference although it's not as helpful as it might me as it says it'll expire this year not next. I found the closed ticket for my renewal so I guess it's just unhelpful systems at PN HQ Sad
Thanks again
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm pretty sure it simply gives the expiry date of your current LRS as the renewal is not yet active (yes, not as helpful as it could be), as long as you have your ticket then you're safe (just make sure you can find it in the unlikely event of things going wrong).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.