cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone price changes - October 2012

peter10
Grafter

Re: Home Phone price changes - October 2012

Thanks Oldjim. That has restored some of my lost confidence in plusnet. No need to change to TT now as similar price and believe PN support to be far better.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Ditto as bobboubly  Reply #87
I guess / trust that will be amended soon 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Question about renewing the LRS - does it get added to the direct debit and if not which methods of payment are acceptable.
The reason for asking is that I don't have a credit card on my account
peter10
Grafter

Hi Oldjim
The only way I could find was by card payment but I may be wrong.  After the transaction my credit card company rang me to see if it was a fraudulent transaction!
bobboulby
Grafter

Quote from: anniesboy
Ditto as bobboubly  Reply #87
I guess / trust that will be amended soon  

I've raised a question seeking confirmation that it's been applied through to December 2013. No reply yet though.
Quote from: Salmo
The only way I could find was by card payment but I may be wrong.  

Same here but the card doesn't have to be registered to your account.
Bob
anniesboy
Rising Star

Agree it seemed payment by Credit or Debit card was the only way.
Previously it was added to Direct Debit
I opted for credit as that gives me a .5% refund so that saves me a mighty 57 pence
Member centre shows line saver due to expire on Dec 13th 2012.
BryanP
Grafter

After reading the above comments I decided as my saver was due on the 2nd Dec I would pay by credit card but it was declined
After trying again I contacted the card provider who said the problem was with plusnet, I tried again whilst still on the phone and yet again it was declined and no trace of the transaction was showing on the card providers system, they suggested I contact Plusnet because the fault was with them, It seems Plusnet no longer want my money
nadger
Rising Star

CC payment made yesterday has  shown on available credit on my card and email was received from Plusnet.
This email was just confirmation that I had joined LRS and wasn't related to advanced payment.
bobboulby
Grafter

The reply to my question suggests that I have only paid for LRS up until 17th December 2012 (should be 2013). I've gone back asking for further clarification.
Bob
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's because the new 12 months won't start until the current 12 months are finished.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobboulby
Grafter

I understand that Chris but there is nothing on my account that says that I have now paid up until the end of 2013. Just looking for some personal confirmation, that’s all  Smiley
Bob
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Last year things were far simpler but after signing up to LRS I was initially  billed as usual for my line rental and had to ask for a refund.
I think that customers are justified in thinking things are likely to go wrong.
As bobboulby  says it would be nice to have the reassurance of an accurate message.
(I too have just signed up for what I hope is a year starting in December and got the standard misleading message).
peter10
Grafter

Hi Bob
I asked this question
" I note it says that the LRS will start from next billing date. I already have LRS which ends this December. Could you confirm that the latest payment covers me from then until the following December 2013."
This was the reply
"Apologies for any confusion.
I can confirm your new LRS contract will start on 06/12/12 and run until 05/12/13
"
nadger
Rising Star

As this subject has only just come up the system has no way, as yet, of showing a revised date.
Not going to panic as it's something that can easily be resolved if there's a problem in December.
BryanP
Grafter

Quote from: BryanP
After reading the above comments I decided as my saver was due on the 2nd Dec I would pay by credit card but it was declined
After trying again I contacted the card provider who said the problem was with plusnet, I tried again whilst still on the phone and yet again it was declined and no trace of the transaction was showing on the card providers system, they suggested I contact Plusnet because the fault was with them, It seems Plusnet no longer want my money

Thought I give it another go on the website with my credit card before I used the phone and would you believe it, it went straight through and paid it, obviously the previous problem as been resolved