Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Issues

Martha
Grafter

Email Issues

Hello,
Just thought we'd give the forum users a quick update and explanation of the email issues that we and our customers have been experiencing today.
At the moment, our engineers and developers have informed us that we should have everything fixed by later afternoon today.
As a lot of users have already read, we have recently been working on moving customers from one email server to another, we expected this to cause no delay or loss of service at all to email, so apologies on our behalf for not seeing this coming. It seems that during the transfer, sometime early this morning we noticed a few hours which occurred and worsened over the night, our developers were informed as soon as we noticed it.
It's been a bit longer than we expected, we're just trying to make sure everything works fine when we roll out the fix, as it is such a widespread problem.
Although a lot of people are noticing that they can now access their emails fine, others are also noticing that they can log in but are missing alot of emails, not to worry these will not be permanently lost and are just waiting to be dequeued from our servers. Some customers of course, are still unable to log on.
Hopefully by late this afternoon everything should be up and running as normal.
We'll keep you updated on the service status on the link below.
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2
The next update is due at 7PM tonight.
Please accept my apologies on behalf of Plusnet and hope this hasn't caused too much inconvenience for our valued customers.
9 REPLIES 9
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Email Issues

I'm just glad I don't use your web-mail, Nothing but bother from what I pick up here.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

High time this was fixed
hailhail88

Most customer facing businesses that I know of put a change freeze on during holiday periods. Why is this not the case at Plus?
During a period when I am sure many customers are making payments via websites and are expecting receipts/notifications by e-mail you have let us down.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I believe it starts Monday
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: hailhail88
Most customer facing businesses that I know of put a change freeze on during holiday periods. Why is this not the case at Plus?

As far as holiday periods are concerned; most customer facing businesses would class the hols starting at 5:30pm on 24th Dec.  Re-opening at 9:00am on 4th Jan (if not opening between christmas & new year).
jingarfield
Dabbler

Cable & Wireless put a hold on all major network changes (especially installs) from Monday 13th Dec through to Monday 3rd Jan. At work we had to rush through a couple of lease line installs becase of the freeze.
Peterworks
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Is the 'Planned Email Platform Maintenance - Friday 17th December-Monday 27th December' still progressing or have you put it on hold ?
Peter
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Service: Email
Posted: Mon, Dec 20 2010 at 17:13:50
Subject: Email access (64979) - UPDATE
This is an update to today's posts regarding problems and errors when collecting or
viewing your email.
All customers should now have access to their emails via whichever method they
usually use to collect mail. As per the previous updates some customers using POP3
collection may see duplicated emails.
The script to correct the incorrect timestamps has now completed.
Although most issues are resolved we're going to leave this service status on
'amber' so we can continue to monitor for any individual issues. We'll look to set
this status back to 'green' tomorrow.
Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused
Kind Regards,
Chris Parr
Customer Support
glloyd
Rising Star

What a stupid time to undertake such major work on an important platform. PlusNet never learn by past mistakes.