Community Updates November 2016
In line with Plusnet Mobile being launched tomorrow (29/11/16), there are a few other changes to the community that will be going up that I have been working on over the last couple of months. I wanted to share with you what those changes are. You will see all of these updates at around midnight on the 28/11/16 which is when I will pushing the changes, between now and then our QA team are working on making sure its all working fine before releasing the update.
Before we begin, I apologise for the current updates being delayed until now.
The Forum page has been given a fresh new look to be in line with the Plusnet brand
Though the look has changed, a lot more functionality has been squeezed in to the space that I am sure some users will find very useful. This comes in the form of having accessible and granular 'unread' links if you have any unread posts for a particular board or category. If there are unread posts for a category, a link to view the unread items will be displayed. The same goes for boards. Here is a screenshot so you can see what this will look like:
So as you can see with the above, you will be able to view the unread posts on a specific board and category which means that if you like to browse a specific board, you don't have to sift through posts from other areas that you don't want to read.
File attachment limits will now be displayed when composing your messages
File attachments now have a popup detailing the file validation limitations of uploaded attachments (Thanks to Shutter for this suggestion). Here is a screenshot:
- Fixed the bug where text versions of the email contained HTML elements in the footer (thanks Mook for spotting this)
- Email footers have been slightly updated so that the 'manage preferences' of certain things are more related to the content of the email.
- Text for the 'unread posts' page title has been updated as it said 'unread topics' in the main page title (Thanks OldJim for spotting this).
- The connection reports that are used by the Plusnet Community team has been given its own CSS to make it easier to read.
- Bug where uploading images from using the drag and drop of a file to the media manager has been fixed (Thanks to OldJim for spotting this).
- The removal of whitespace script has been applied to the unread post/topics page when viewing the 'full text' (Thanks to Mook for suggesting this).
- The Help page has now got an explanation of how the homepage works.
- The main navigation has been updated to match the new Plusnet Mobile product offerings that will be displayed across all the Plusnet websites on the launch of Plusnet Mobile.
That's everything for now. Please keep providing suggestions and improvements and I will put those ideas up for discussion in my weekly meetings to see if we can implement those ideas.
Re: Community Updates November 2016
Couple of minor adjustments have just been applied.
- The hover state for the mobile menu item in the main navigation was not going blue on hover - this has been fixed
- Private message preview - I have removed the buttons in the preview for private messages for 'report this user', 'add as freind', 'block this user', 'reply' and 'delete' as those buttons are not needed when you are previewing your own PM.
There was a breif downtime of about 5 seconds when I applied the update and I am sorry if you hit a 500 server error page in this small window of time while using the Community.