cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Update - Changes are coming!

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Community Update - Changes are coming!

Come on chaps, we are all supposed to be impressed by the marketing speak in that quote.
David
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: jelv
What have these communities all got in common?

A complete disregard for their customers.
I'm starting to think that Plusnet will fit right in.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

But isn't Lithium simply the platform being used by PN?
Some of the companies mentioned @jelv are excellent companies and certainly don't have a disregard for their customers. I don't see the connection between customer service and Lithium Undecided
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@jelv, Marketing hype?
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: artmo
Some of the companies mentioned @jelv are excellent companies and certainly don't have a disregard for their customers

Maybe I was bit too harsh so I'll join you in saying - some of the companies mentioned - have a complete disregard for their customers.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Do you mean that Plusnet's parent company use the proposed system?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Don't worry Jeremy, it will work fine in Chit-Chat.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: jelv
What have these communities all got in common?

For what they do, they take up a lot of screen space and are more focussed on marketing than support?
I'm sure that the Plusnet one will be better though.  Huh  Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Chris
we’re aiming for some time in March. When we have a definite date, we’ll share.

With only one week remaining in March and no news of the changeover, will the new forum be going live before April ?  Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Nope, I provided an update here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148724.msg1311765.html#msg1311765
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The hold on the release is a very positive move, so please have patience whilst Plunet address the issues Chris referred to.  This is not a trivial exercise.  PlusNET is working hard with a number of forum users to make this be the best which can be attained.  No one likes to miss project 'target dates' so this decision is brave and correct - I wish I had seen more similar objective decision making when still working in the industry.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Following on from my previous update, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be going live with the new community site on the 7th April.
This means that the current community will go in to ‘read-only’ mode from Monday 4th April so the data can be migrated over. You’ll be able to read the posts on here but won’t be able to make any new ones.
Anyone who has logged in to the site in the last 18 months will receive an email over the next day or so with details of the new site.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone who has logged in to the site in the last 18 months will receive an email over the next day or so with details of the new site.

Talk of the devil, it's just arrived.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

...we’ll be going live with the new community site on the 7th April.
This means that the current community will go in to ‘read-only’ mode from Monday 4th April...

Seriously?  3 days with no new posts?  I'm going to end up having to talk to the Missus or something!  Coudn't you make it a bit quicker - not sure I can handle 3 consecutive days of not ignoring her?  Crazy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.