cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Update - Changes are coming!

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Community Update - Changes are coming!

Quote from: w23
Quote from: Chris
...we’ll be going live with the new community site on the 7th April.
This means that the current community will go in to ‘read-only’ mode from Monday 4th April...

Seriously?  3 days with no new posts?  I'm going to end up having to talk to the Missus or something!  Coudn't you make it a bit quicker - not sure I can handle 3 consecutive days of not ignoring her?   Crazy

Blimey! You youngsters have no grit or stamina. Talking to the missus isn't that bad, if you don't listen to the replies. Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Luzern1966
Blimey! You youngsters have no grit or stamina. Talking to the missus isn't that bad, if you don't listen to the replies. Grin

What you mean is "you oldies" are probably deaf (rather than "don't listen"), although it amounts to the same result  Cheesy
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote author=係係係係VileReynard link=topic=148724.msg1315754#msg1315754 date=1459268108]
Since non-subscribers can post to this new forum will I be able to have a multitude of accounts, for no particular reason?
No, I believe multiple accounts will be covered in the rules.

Hey 'Chris', you might want to stock up on anti Troll spray, for when '係係係係VileReynard' tests those rules !  Grin
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: Nibiru
Quote from: Luzern1966

What you mean is "you oldies" are probably deaf (rather than "don't listen"), although it amounts to the same result   Cheesy

It's amazing what a pair of noise-cancelling headphones can do Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Jokes aside; OH's voice was part of my being attracted to her. It goes well with her nature.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Oh dear, has she just read the forum Wink Tongue

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

IT is to be hoped that the new forum will have a rule prohibiting the sort of misogynistic attempts at humour that seem prevalent in recent posts in this thread. Such 'humour' is outdated and hardly in keeping with the supposed aim of keeping the forums a friendly and welcoming place for all - which, according to the forum rules, is what the moderators aim to do.
The current male to female ratio is 10.2:1 - the sort of 'humour' in this thread is hardly likely to create an atmosphere where we can have a more equitable representation of Plusnet users on the forums, especially when we have a moderator joining in, rather than challenging this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't it also state in the same said guide that a user must also be running 'Sense of Humor 1.0.1'  Roll_eyes
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This is not the place to discuss this, if you have an issue with a moderator action (or inaction) please report it to another member of the moderation team for review.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is quite clear from my post that my 'issue' is about an outdated and offensive approach to humour which appears in this thread and about which the current forum has no clear rules.
I was merely suggesting how the forum could be made more inclusive. It is a shame that staff are as unconcerned about this as other forum users seem to be.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I have not said I'm unconcerned and I'm sorry if you've got that impression, however my previous comment still stands that you should report issues to the moderation team.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post.
I have now contacted the other moderators.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

That will be explained on the new site, there's no point in me going through how to do it now tbh.

Okay, no bother
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: alanj
Such 'humour' is outdated ...

Ye gads, the PC brigade will be outlawing all forms of humour next, then we will have a sad old world with no laughter.  If the cap does not fit, then there's no need to try and wear it.  Need some chill pills around here!  Cool

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
complaint has been made, received and will be dealt with, that is all that will be said in the public sphere.
this thread needs to get back on topic.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'