cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Update - Changes are coming!

chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Community Update - Changes are coming!

Quote from: vilefox
Can I have multiple logins?

I guess the "non-customer" thing is because forum accounts are no longer locked to your PlusNet account. So providing  you have enough e-mail addresses, you could have as many altered ego's as you wish.
gordonb27
Dabbler

Quote from: zwitterelf
Quote from: billnotben
Quote from: Chris
All pages will be optimised for mobile

Not another site going west.
Plusnet will just become another one to avoid on the PC.
Why do some (misguided) companies think this is a good idea.
Don't tell me, all the board members are in their twenties and sit around playing on their phones all day.
I see "optimised for mobile" as a backwards step.
Some of these "optimised" pages look like the ones on my PC when I had windows 95 and visited bulletin boards.

I suppose it would be another decade for mobile to catch up with PC. I have been forced to consider a Mobile link on my art website, to bypass the flash GUI for tablets and smartphones. Secondly one can do more with Flash than HTML5 , but Flash has been abused/exploited , which is why people are abandoning it, but the same thing will happen with HTML5 in the future , and something new would take its place, when it it does the same job.

Loaded the last page of this thread to comment on;
What’s changing?
There’ll be a number of things but to name just a few:
   All pages will be optimised for mobile so a brand new, fresh look and feel to community

Just to find folks have already said what I wanted to, I struggle to get my head around this inane obsession there seems to be with mobile devices, to tell the truth I think they are a curse and probably the most anti social things in existence, let alone the destruction of the English language, you know vowels realy do matter and upper and lower case are significant, so please don't let optimised for mobile mean garbage text twaddle, u no wat i mean -(you know what I).
bicyclz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Quote from: NorthEasterner
Quote from: bicyclz
No doubt PN will be 'upgrading' to Indian call centres soon....

This is Plusnet's unique selling point so I doubt that will happen any time soon.
NE

USPs mean nothing these days. They are transitory depending on boardroom decisions that are primarily aimed at profit for shareholders, not customer satisfaction.
Customer satisfaction is definitely an outdated concept with big corporations like BT, BP, BG, Natwest, or Paypal, you name it....
They care about income/turnover/profits, the customer is the piggy in the middle/milch cow, with virtually no say in the process.
All we customers can do is move to another 'provider'.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

BT have some spare call centres, going cheep.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

BurntToast
Grafter

I've looked at a couple of other Lithium forums and the display is failry rubbish in that it's a narrow strip down the centre of my widescreen monitor.  Shame.
Also the email I got about this change said that I could get a sneak peek at the new forum style by hitting a link but it just brings us here so that was disappointing too so no sneak peek then.
amcclean
Rising Star

"very unique" it's either unique or not.
not sure about being open to non users to post.  I hope PN will have a greater presence to monitor and respond / delete posts if anyone can post. Could be open to lot's of abuse. I may stop posting.
podman
amcclean
Rising Star

VileReynard
Hero

It's rubbish.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: BurntToast
Also the email I got about this change said that I could get a sneak peek at the new forum style by hitting a link but it just brings us here so that was disappointing too so no sneak peek then.

The heading of the email provides a sneak preview of the new forum heading. If you follow the link to view the email in a browser it doesn't fill the full screen width, but the live forum will.
David
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

My monitor is 27". Do PN really think this will be a step forwards for folk like me? We'll see I suppose but I'm not holding my breath. Why on earth do underworked people feel an eternal need to knacker perfectly useful things instead of fixing real problems?
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: podman
I had a look at their own forums to. Not a step forward. http://community.lithium.com

The Plusnet email mentioned that the forums are looking a bit tired.
If the lithium link is the shape of things to come then I put it to Plusnet that what they have planned is what really looks tired.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: billnotben
[ see "optimised for mobile" as a backwards step.
Some of these "optimised" pages look like the ones on my PC when I had windows 95 and visited bulletin boards.

As long as it uses responisive css it should look good on a PC, tablet or phone - as long as they write the css properly.
Most websites these days ought to be like this so they give an optimum apperance on whatever it is viewed.
chillypenguin
Grafter

We could all just move over to here.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Only exception is, you can't register for user group since it has closed to new users  Undecided
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
VileReynard
Hero

How many people mainly use their mobile for landline calls and 80Mbit broadband?
BTW I don't own a mobile phone, because they have such small screens on them...