cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Update - Changes are coming!

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Community Update - Changes are coming!

Quote from: Chris
  • We’ll be removing the need to be a Plusnet customer to post on our Community – it will be open to all

You are joking!  Cry
Firstly, why would most of the existing CUSTOMER moderators wish to continue in such circumstances?
Second, I (and others no doubt) have contributed on the basis that those who see this are indeed other customers - it's a customer community!
Third, I do not want information I have shared with other customers handed out to everyone (no doubt you can argue it's all searchable via Google anyway)
XenoGuy
Grafter

I'm not sure what the fuss is about, if you used a Bootstrap site, you will know what it looks like on various. No doubt Lithium works similar to it, no-one will notice anything on PC
zwitterelf
Rising Star

All pages will be optimised for mobile so a brand new, fresh look and feel to community...

Pls not flat design... I have cognitive issues with that specific GUI design.
zwitterelf
Rising Star

Quote from: billnotben
All pages will be optimised for mobile

Not another site going west.
Plusnet will just become another one to avoid on the PC.
Why do some (misguided) companies think this is a good idea.
Don't tell me, all the board members are in their twenties and sit around playing on their phones all day.
I see "optimised for mobile" as a backwards step.
Some of these "optimised" pages look like the ones on my PC when I had windows 95 and visited bulletin boards.

I suppose it would be another decade for mobile to catch up with PC. I have been forced to consider a Mobile link on my art website, to bypass the flash GUI for tablets and smartphones. Secondly one can do more with Flash than HTML5 , but Flash has been abused/exploited , which is why people are abandoning it, but the same thing will happen with HTML5 in the future , and something new would take its place, when it it does the same job.
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Cromocon
Is the new forum going to use TLS?

Not sure if joking or serious...  Grin Crazy
Will it be reachable over IPv6?
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I have a few questions regarding the new forums,
My community profile (NorthEasterner) is tied to my old Plusnet account which is no longer active, however I am a current Plusnet customer (on a new account) and I'm using my original community forum profile - will I be carried over?  
Is it possible to change my login username to my display name (NorthEasterner)? As I dislike my current username.
Also, why are you getting rid of signatures? They're brilliant  Undecided
I do have to say that having a mobile optimised forum is a HUGE bonus as it's awful looking at the forums from my iPhone  Smiley
Many thanks
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
bicyclz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Well, if I'd known Plusnet was a BT subsidiary I would never have signed up in the first place...
Despite it's excellent reviews, which is why I signed up.
I still get spam in my mail box 2 years later from the BT plonkers I was trying to escape from.
No doubt PN will be 'upgrading' to Indian call centres soon....
Just to show I'm not entirely displeased, or anti-PN, my connection is working reliably now, after an initial month or so of random disconnections.....
Nothing works properly these days in my opinion, & I'm not expecting that it ever will.....
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Now for some conspiracy egg for incubation! Tongue
This is another adoption of Patrick Hutber's Law: improvement means  deterioration. The admission of all and sundry is to prepare for the desired chaos, and the failure of moderation.
The forum will wither. PN will then have an ideal excuse (sometimes nicknamed "reason" to close it.
Only joking, of course! Grin
I hope. Undecided
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: bicyclz
No doubt PN will be 'upgrading' to Indian call centres soon....

This is Plusnet's unique selling point so I doubt that will happen any time soon.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
ClassicLaddie
Dabbler

This all sounds very exciting apart from non plusnet customers being allowed to join in. I suppose as time passes, there will be more integration with BT's policies and systems of choice. No doubt a great deal of effort is going into the forum migration which I hope goes very well.  One thing I've noticed is that the community.plus.net domain isn't yet added as a SAN to the secure01.lithium.com servers ssl certificate( where BT's forum is hosted and assuming thats where the plusnet forum is heading) so any users browsing with chrome and possibly firefox / other modern browsers will likely get a certificate error when they re-direct to the new portal Shocked
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are you consolidating systems, as plusnet are part of BT ?
I have some concerns with this:
01) Who owns lithium.com
02) Where is it hosted
03) Should I delete my PM's?
04) Or should I delete my account?  - That is my forum account I am on about!
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@HPsauce
You are misunderstanding how it works at present where the boards are visible to all customers or not
The only change is that non customers will be able to register and post
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: spoon
Embedding images in to posts in-line is a LOT easier! (it's what happens immediately after that can be a bit strange)

Hence the tongue!  I just thought I'd see what comment it attracted Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: NorthEasterner
I have a few questions regarding the new forums,
My community profile (NorthEasterner) is tied to my old Plusnet account which is no longer active, however I am a current Plusnet customer (on a new account) and I'm using my original community forum profile - will I be carried over?  
Is it possible to change my login username to my display name (NorthEasterner)? As I dislike my current username.
Also, why are you getting rid of signatures? They're brilliant  Undecided
I do have to say that having a mobile optimised forum is a HUGE bonus as it's awful looking at the forums from my iPhone  Smiley
Many thanks
NE
It will only be the Username that you registered with. As we know some customers used their Plusnet account name to register with we’re giving all customers the opportunity for the first month to change their username, however, they’ll need to login with the current one first.

Signatures will remain but you need to create a new one
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Can I have multiple logins?
I want to use vilefox and axisofevil as synonyms (and possibly a few other names).

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."