cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport - available from Nov 5th

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: BT Sport - available from Nov 5th

But with BT sport online you can stream it to the TV, which you can't do with Sky Go.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: NorthEasterner
The BT sport site says you must have a black sky box.  Which is HD

Link?  I can see that it says that to watch BT Sport in HD you need a black Sky box...
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I can stream Sky Go to my mobile phone.
Hence why would you stream Sky Go to a TV when you have sky??
No link, on the little writing on BT Sport TV advertisement
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
AndyH
Grafter

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Very interesting read, make you wounder how much they will put up phone and broadband in the next couple of years to pay for this.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stepea001
Grafter

What happens if you've already got a subscription with BT for the sports package (without the broadband).
bmorgan98

Quote from: Oldjim
I just received this notification http://community.plus.net/blog/2013/10/25/bt-sport-comes-to-plusnet/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_mediu...
Personally it has no interest for me but I am sure some of you will want it

So what Plusnet is telling me is i have to leave plusnet and join bt in order to get free bt sport? This makes me more sad as bt have stolen my MotoGP and now i must leave Plusnet in order to get it back.
AndyH
Grafter

But the difference in the cost of your broadband package between PN and BT might cover the cost of BT Sport (if you stick with PN).
conanius
Dabbler

Ok.
I have 21cn ADSL (syncs circa 15Mbit), and no sky dish.
So, I can't get bt sport through the sky method. Will I be able to get the you view plusnet option and watch it through that?
Our exchange is going fttc through community funding in late 2014, but I'm feeling a switch to sky for bb and tv if something isn't sorted.
Are there no plans for the bt sport app for people in my situation ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

@conanius
We can only offer this at the moment over Sky, There's no definites yet as to what will happen with Youview and any channels that would be available, as soon as we do have any information on this we'd let you know.
AndyH
Grafter

My understanding is that if you do not have fibre, the only options at the moment for BT Sport are to have a BT Vision box + card, buy an online subscription for a PC etc. or get Sky.
BT Sport is available on Freeview (Channels 58/59) but this requires a CAM and card. The YouView box specs do not seem to have space for a CAM (or embedded CAM).
YouView + fibre customers appear to get BT Sport + additional channels via BT's fibre multicast service.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Conanius
Are you a DIY type of person?
I have fitted 2 Sky dishes.  Takes an approx an hour to fix with cables etc...
All you need is to look at neighbors dishes and try and align.  Have a second person looking at the Sky box on settings to see sig strength.  Then they shout at you when its at a good strength.

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
redsetter
Grafter

these konig meters are very good for installing sky dishes,they are sensitive and give a stable reading.they don't identify the satellite but that isnt really a problem,just check the tv screen when the signal is found.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Konig-Satellite-Finder-Signal-Meter-With-Patch-Lead-BN-/271031748828?pt=UK...
top up tv has now ceased trading,but interestingly they are offering to help none customers.i had a reply back saying they can still help but need to provide an address for records.if a sports discount materialises i will take out a sky tv contract.
http://www.topuptv.com/main/index.html
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: NorthEasterner
All you need is to look at neighbors dishes and try and align. 

Cheesy
Another way is to find due south on your smart phone, then go 28 degrees towards the east. Or borrow a sat meter...mine tells me exactly which satellite I am lined up to.
AndyH
Grafter

@ redsetter You can normally get some decent cashback through Quidco....but XMAS offers are surely around the corner. If you know someone at Sky, then can get you basically on a half price tariff.
Other option might be to see about the PlusNet Youview trial (if you can add on Sky Sports)...I think it'll be quite pricey though. It's £30 with TalkTalk a month for just the sports channels.