Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autumn Price increase FAQ's

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: Autumn Price increase FAQ's

Quote from: AndyH
So what happens for you after 12 months? What price do you pay for line rental after LRS finishes?

I pay the contracted rate, but in this case with the price rises I pay the higher rate as I am not opting out so accepting the new terms.
So I would either renew LRS (but at the new higher LRS rate) or revert to monthly line rental (at the new prices).
Andy I am not going to complain about my 18 month contract, I accepted it at the point of sale. It is what it is.
For those opting out with LRS, they can take my advice and ask plusnet for their unused LRS money back or ignore me, its up to them.
expand "the legal bit" at bottom off.
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/
This offer is available to new Plusnet customers signing up from plus.net or by calling between 9th July and 2nd September 2014.
You must sign up to an 18 month minimum contract for:
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband and;
Plusnet Line rental at £15.95 a month, which includes evening and weekend calls^ or Line Rental Saver at £155.88 by paying for 12 months in advance (equivalent of £12.99 a month) which does not include any inclusive calls.

Now if plusnet come out and say LRS customers are actually only on a 12 month voice contract 'and' not subject to new prices on calls, then fair enough. 
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Hairy
Quote from: chrcoluk
I dont know what happened to you when you signed up but I certianly was not put on a 12month contract with my LRS, I am on a 18month voice contract with 12 months of that paid up front.

You sure it is an 18 month on the phone, I thought they were all 30 day rolling, only the BB is 12/18/24 months.

the discounted service is a all in one contract, which is why people are allowed to leave broadband for voice price rises.
They not going to give people significant discounts and large cashbacks for a voice contract they can leave after 30 days.
AndyH
Grafter

But how can you pay a contracted rate when you don't know what it is? It cannot be a contract where you have 12 months with LRS (and you know the cost), and then 6 months of an unknown cost.
Are you sure you have an 18 month voice contract?
This makes no sense to me.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Lets wait for clarification if LRS is a separate 12 month contract, or its still 18 months but with 12 paid up front. Plusnet also need to clarify if LRS is subject to call cost increases as well.
If it wasnt so hot and not peak time I would maybe ring and ask for confirmation of my voice contract, but cant be bothered at the moment.
nadger
Rising Star

I've been on LRS since December 2011 and one pays call charges at whatever is the current rate - it's just line rental that's discounted.
The ability to pay 3 months in advance has also proved handy - better rate than I get on savings.
If people want to terminate LRS they should get a  refund less the  line rental charges at full rate for the months they've used  Wink
At least Plusnet allow one to use 18185  Smiley
peter10
Grafter

I've had  line rental saver since the start and it runs out on 05-12-2014. Last year I paid £125.88. If I renew before 23rd September what will my new rate be? I've seen a figure of £137.88 but can't find it now..
As PN is getting expensive now I would like to know all the figures so I can change when I get my email if I can get a better deal for a comparable service  elsewhere.
Sorry if missed the answer to this in an earlier post. 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You would pay the current price which is £137.88 http://www.plus.net/support/october-changes-guide.shtml
Note that if you move your phone using the contract change option you would lose the remainder of the LRS you have paid for
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Oldjim
we are all in the same very expensive boat and the new line rental is the same as TalkTalk

A lot of issues have been raised on this thread and it would be very sad if people who have stayed with PlusNet for many years were to leave.  These forums are the richer for the “old hands” that make the atmosphere here what it is.
Would it be feasible to offer a December payment holiday (on broadband and line rental, not call-charges) for
(1) customers currently of seven years’ standing or more
(2) customers of at least 3 years’ standing who have consistently helped other customers with high-level tech knowledge or scripts, or who moderate the forums here.
At the end of the day it would be an annual 8.33% discount for people who have stuck with PlusNet through thick and thin and done a lot to help resolve problems or to help other customers in the forums here or in PUG.
An annual “payment holiday” would help greatly with retaining the current (very) loyal customer base, whilst not really affecting the profitability-factors relating to the ever-flowing stream of “new” customers.
91.67% of the income on “retained customers” who might otherwise be lost has to be better than 100% loss of that income if they leave.
Just my take.

Penny.

[ I realise the above doesn’t address the issue of people leaving who have already paid LRS “up front”, etc., but refunds if people leave is a separate matter. ]
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
peter10
Grafter

I realise that if I leave then according to PN I will not get a refund of unused LRS.
I can understand this if one just decided to leave but if my reading is correct they are putting the price of my anytime call plan up by £0.50p per month (11%.which is way above inflation). If so they have changed the terms of my phone package so morally I feel they should refund the unused LRS if I decide to leave. I'm not sure on the legal position but I wonder if it could be challenged in The Small Claims Court as to me it is an unfair contract. In theory what is to stop them putting your call plan up to £20 per month when you are 3 months in to your LRS?
PN have been my only ISP but I'm beginning to lose my confidence in them. I wonder what goodies they will use to tempt new customers with cheap rates and cash back whilst ignoring old ones. I tried Customer Options a while ago and did not get a particularly good deal so now may be my chance to jump ship. Successive C.E.O s seem to have a disregard for loyal customers but I suppose that this is because of BT putting in its own yes men and  flexing its control over a supposed independently run subsidiary.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I agree with you . If someone leaves of of their own volition then no refund as stated but to say you will not be reimbursed LRS because they put up the pricing and you leave under the detrimental terms then that's another matter. PN is in a win-win situation.
It may not be illegal for all I know but I certainly think it's immoral.
AndyH
Grafter

Morals don't really come into it when you're running a business.
The thing that concerns me is the call packages - I cannot see anything in the T&Cs that allows PN to change the pricing of them.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It just comes under the general - if we change to your disadvantage etc.
Para 49 onwards http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
Changing these Terms (notification)
Sometimes, we will need to change the charges and the Terms and Conditions of the service. We will publish details of all changes online at http://www.plus.net.
We will also let you know about a price increase or a change to the Terms and Conditions that we believe is likely to cause you material disadvantage at least one month before it happens. We will let you know about other price changes and changes to the Terms and Conditions via email to the contact email address on the account and by adding a service note to your account. Account Service Notes can be viewed at http://contactus.plus.net/
For changes we need to make to meet legal and regulatory requirements, we may not be able to meet the timescale detailed in paragraph 50. We will let you know about these changes as soon as we can.
If we have made a change which is to your material disadvantage then if you decide to end our agreement with us early then, you will not have to pay a charge for doing so unless there are any charges or payments we have deferred or the Price guide says otherwise. However, once we have told you about such a change, you must let us know within 30 days of us notifying you of the change if you want to end the agreement by giving us notice in accordance with paragraph 45. Only the services that are directly affected by the changes we make can be ended without paying an early termination charge for that service and this agreement will continue to apply to any other services that are not affected by those changes.

TORPC
Grafter

I dislike that PN have stated about leaving under the 30 condition, yet make no reference to keep your custom Sad
ariansandra

Just so I'm clear: I still have 15 months left of my BB contract and I paid £137.88 LRS 4/11/14. Am I right in thinking that I can schedule renewal at that same price in the next month - hence being no worse off than I now am for the remainder of my BB contract?
Alternatively that I can drop the BB contract and migrate the whole shebang elsewhere as long as i do so within 30 days of receiving my email (which I had on 17 July) but that will mean loss of 3 months on my LRS?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

yes in both cases