Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autumn Price increase FAQ's

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Autumn Price increase FAQ's

I've spoken with the Marketing team and unfortunately with regards to LRS the fee is non-refundable and if you cancel before your LRS contract terminates then you would not receive a refund for the remaining time.
@Hairy McBiker If your LRS expires mid September you would be able to schedule the renewal now to take effect on the expiration date and pay the same amount you paid previously.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Since I have not yet had the email I will wait, no need to rush.
Ado16
Grafter

One would have thought *innocentface* that a growing network would have more money to play with - not less!
*justsaying.*
alegeek
Grafter

Quote from: Linn
I've spoken with the Marketing team and unfortunately with regards to LRS the fee is non-refundable and if you cancel before your LRS contract terminates then you would not receive a refund for the remaining time.
@Hairy McBiker If your LRS expires mid September you would be able to schedule the renewal now to take effect on the expiration date and pay the same amount you paid previously.

You might want to speak to your Marketing Team, the provider you seem most intent on under cutting TalkTalk refund your LRS if you leave due to price increases.
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Linn
This is just to repeat my question about the general rule:
How far in advance of renewal date can LRS charge be paid?
Dave

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dave, LRS can be renewed 3 months in advance.
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Thanks Linn (and Mayfly)
So if I renew before September 23 what will I pay? The only LRS that I can find is the new one.
Dave
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Even with the rises PN is cheaper than BT, so I am still tempted to change. BT LRS run out on 15 August. When is the latest I can make decision should I decide to come over without complications from either PN or BT?
Compared to BT what information concerning calls made etc is available from the bills?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Richchad
Rising Star

Quote from: lucerne

Compared to BT what information concerning calls made etc is available from the bills?

Not a lot...Call destination, Time of call, Call length, Price.
Cannot save name details to any number and no pdf download option.
Richchad
Rising Star

Quote from: daveplus
Thanks Linn (and Mayfly)
So if I renew before September 23 what will I pay? The only LRS that I can find is the new one.
Dave

Same here, my LRS ends 13th September, how do I renew, I have plusnet anytime, is there any changes to this price plan, if so may have to rethink the whole package?
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I would suggest that if PN really wanted to make a stand for it's customers it would reimburse the LSR for those who leave before 12mths is up because the new price increases are detrimental to them.
Devonian
Grafter

Linn, Are you saying that the remaining 5 months of LRS I have, will be held to ransom?
Either I stay and pay the unfair price hike, or I leave, and you have my cash anyway?
Surely that can't be legal?
I'm going to email Ofcom and see if I get an answer.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

There is something awry here.  You only have a limited amount of time to escape from your Plusnet contract without penalty once you have been told about the price increases.  But the main price increase is in the cost of the line rental so if you bought Line Rental Saver you don't suffer (much) until it runs out.  A fairer  thing for Plusnet to do would be to say that you can apply for your MAC and leave without penalty either within 30 days of receiving your email or within 30 days of your current Line Rental Saver expiring.
chrcoluk
Grafter

my legal opinion is it doesnt seem clear cut.
legislation from ofcom states these changes plusnet have to allow a penalty free cancellation.  But plusnet's t&c conflict stating LRS is non refundable.
Based on my experience of other sales contracts my opinion is the legislation overules the t&c and LRS should be refundable if a customer wants to leave.  But plusnet it seems will fight such a request.  My opinon is based on the fact that witholding LRS is a penalty.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Plusnet are by no means the only telephone service provider to offer a Line Rental Saver that is non-refundable.  And is it fair for Plusnet to relent and offer a refund to somebody terminating a fixed-term contract when that refund option is not available to other customers who are not on a contract?