Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20Mb on Value

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 20Mb on Value

Better upstream speeds is all I can think of
Re your exchange - this will tell you if there is a date fixed http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks jelv, profile updated!
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: thisoldman
could you please explain to me why anyone would upgrade if they wont get a faster speed.

Many people will get a faster speed; have a look at the graph I linked to in my previous post. The blue ‘line’ (i.e. the top of the area shaded in blue) shows how normal ADSL1 speeds change with distance from the exchange, whilst the green line shows how the speeds of ADSL2+ change. As you'll see, there're many distances where the green/line area is somewhat higher than the blue line/area, which indicates that ADSL2+ will provide higher speeds. There's also the interesting little bit towards the end of the graph, at distances of about 5500m and above, where there's no blue line at all – i.e., one would get no service on ADSL1, but would get a small service on ADSL2+.
Then there's the middle band of which I spoke in my previous post. That lasts from about 3500 to 5000m, and you'll see that the green line barely comes in any higher than the blue line – in other words, for that range of speeds (approximately 1-5Mbps on ADSL1) there is very little corresponding increase to be found from an ADSL2+ upgrade.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just to outline our policy on this. If for example a customer has an ADSL1 connection and receives a speed estimate of  less than or equal to 4mb if the difference between ADSL 1 and 2 estimates is less than 0.5mb we wouldn't bother upgrading them. This is unless the customer makes an explicit request to do so for a faster upstream for example.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
randpwar
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Did you get my PM?
Rob
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's a very good reason for updating: if we don't exercise our brains they addle. Dealing with the annoyances of the 21CN DLM will give your brain plenty of exercise.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You love it really jelv, I can tell Wink
@randpwar I've just checked your account and you are already on up to 20mb. If you are seeing fluctuations in speed there may be a fault with the service so you might want to take a look through the faults checker at https://faults.plus.net.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
randpwar
Grafter

Thanks Adam,
No it’s okay, my line is stable and I’ll live with the speed (until FTTC or FTTP anyway!!), it’s just that the speeds changed to no greater degree during the so called training period than they do if I happen to have to re-boot the router now; I reckon jelv has hit the nail on the head over that one.
May I just take this opportunity to praise Plusnet (and Adam specifically) as this level of immediately available customer care is second to non  Smiley
Rob
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Too kind Rob, cheers Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nadger
Rising Star

We’re continuing our program of bulk upgrades and if your exchange is enabled we will contact you by email in due course.

Any indication as to how often these bulk upgrades are taking place.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

nadger,
I'll need to chase this up for you. Will reply on that one ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI The bulk upgrades will be done one a month until the end of this year.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nadger
Rising Star

Thanks Adam - just sent you a 2nd pm  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have a small problem, I am on
Value and my Exchange is ADSL2 enabled, due to go Fibre 01 sept.
But I am on a Samknows/OFCOM monitor that requires 8M max, and I am happy in my own sweet way with that  -  Makes a change
nadger
Rising Star

I understood that one could email Samknows and switch the trial to the higher speeds.