cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Priority.

dragon2611
Grafter

Traffic Priority.

Bit worried that the influx of people wanting £2.50 cheap residential broadband will start to affect the performance of business connections.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml - for most traffic types it seems the business service gets the same traffic priority as residential given the business connections cost more (In some cases considerably so) than residential connections should they not be given a higher priority on the network?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Traffic Priority.

As long as we keep on top of demand for overall capacity (which we are doing) then you shouldn't see any degradation of your service at all.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Blim
Grafter

"As long as we keep on top of demand for overall capacity (which we are doing) then you shouldn't see any degradation of your service at all."
Lies.
Gamers are the first to know when a problem is about and you only have to look in the gamer part of the forum.

I don't get problems 4am like I do at say, in the day time!
Before PN tell my its not true look for your self. The red dots at the top are packet loss, you might need to zoom in to see (ctrl+mousewheel)
http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/
Here is one that looks good, you see the red bits, that's from a 32 bytes of data once a second. There are 8388608 bytes to 1 megabyte and this fibre connection can not handle a simple 32 byte ping test every 1 second without packet loss.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Blim, because you've got a problem with your line does not mean we're not keeping up with capacity, that's a completely different thing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.