cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Premature Desist Order From BT - Arghh

mlfprojects
Hooked

Plusnet Premature Desist Order From BT - Arghh

Taken two days to get to the source of my loss of broadband Monday afternoon. Despite Plusnet insisting everything being ok and testing the DSL connection to say it must be a router issue, Plusnet escalation has now confirmed an error on their part in disconnecting the service. Saying now they can't restore the connection - it's an Openreach 'thing'. Not happy - no warning, notifications or messages beforehand.

Originating from an earlier BT request to Plusnet to desist the service while they take over the line as part of the Plusnet Business to BT Business transition. As per usual BT screwed up big time -.no BT hub received plus other 'supplier issues'). We agreed to cancel the transfer order and close any new account that may have been created.

Annoyingly Plusnet escalation now saying it impossible to restore service or roll-back my disconnection and instead I need to wait until I am transferred to the residential contract in two weeks time! This is nuts. Surely if Plusnet removed my username from anything like an Access Control Table or List, then it can be added back in?

Why is the UK's entire broadband connectivity still in the hands of a decaying BT monolith with all providers having no power to make changes or take control (for their customers)?

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Re: Plusnet Premature Desist Order From BT - Arghh

Hi @mlfprojects 

I'm really sorry to hear this has happened and I'm looking into what options are available to try and get this sorted for you quicker.

As soon as I know more I'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@mlfprojects wrote:

Why is the UK's entire broadband connectivity still in the hands of a decaying BT monolith with all providers having no power to make changes or take control (for their customers)?

Because other providers mostly don't want to install their own infrastructure. Why? It costs too much, unless it is a new development. If they installed their own infrastructure they'd have some control (and the customer also has a semblance of 'competition').

N.B. Virgin have their own infrastructure. In rather limited places. I think they also took over Cable&Wireless's attempt on breaking into the market (but that's a vague memory at best). Their availability is mainly restricted to high density population centres. Other places just don't have the financial returns to make it viable for them.

N.N.B. BT infrastructure being remarketed? Similar situations exist in the USA, where the local infrastructure provider has to re-sell their infrastructure provision to third parties suppliers.

mlfprojects
Hooked

Thanks Matthew, really needing something to be sorted sooner. I've cancelled so many planned Zoom and Teams meetings it's making my business look a bit unprofessional.
mlfprojects
Hooked

I do vaguely remember C&W stepping in but obviously came to nothing.

Needs the government to step back in and break BT up into smaller service chunks. Just another utility provider too big to keep anything working correctly as it should - busy with their eyes on share value and not on the ball.
ModelCitizen2
Dabbler

As Plusnet are closing Plusnet Business the chances of you getting reconnected are pretty low.
Btw. This stinks. Plusnet are not even offering to keep the business going till the end of users contracts. They are just ringing around telling people they are shutting it down and offering BT as an alternative. Who wants BT? Certainly not me. Horrible company to deal with.

All Plusnet have to do is itemise the VAT on their residential bills and VAT business users could swap to residential. Saying that, despite having had a Plusnet account since (almost) the day the company started and having waved the flag for them a lot, this episode has left such a bad taste I'm not sure I'd want another Plusnet account now.
greygit1
Aspiring Pro

Do you remember Telewest?

Have you ever experienced a f-up from a 3rd-party ISP having (legalised) access to BT stuff. Thank christ tiscali went away.

greygit1
Aspiring Pro

And (of course) all the new fibre providers would love to be subject to the same as BT (providing access to all and sundry).

N.B. Never worked for BT.