Phone line problem

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Phone line problem

Thanks for getting back to me @John_

I'm really sorry to see your phone's noisy again and you're having broadband issues. 

As line tests are passing, I'd like to arrange an engineer visit with you to investigate further. 

Could you reply to the ticket we've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit?

If you can post back afterwards, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
John_
Grafter

Any morning is good for me
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @John_

I can see we've updated the support ticket 220786199 following your response.

Once you've had a chance to reply back, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to make sure it's picked back up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
John_
Grafter

Seems fixed now, and my internet speed has gone up 3 fold albeit from a very low base!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm glad to hear everything seems to be fixed now @John_ Smiley If there are any further issues then please let us know and we'll be more than happy to pick this back up for review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
John_
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf when I had my problem before the internet slowed right down and I believe you reset it for me? My internet went down a few times a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it's gone exceptionally slow again. I wondered if it needed resetting again? It is almost unusable a lot of the time at the moment.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @John_ I'm sorry for the issues that you have had with the speed! I have tested the line and it was indeed banded, so I have reset the line now for you. 

can you let me know how things are?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Is there any indication as to why the line was banded?

Has there been a fault on the line which has been fixed?  If no fault has been detected and none had been fixed, there is a marked risk that there is an intermittent fault and the DLM will slow the line down again - probably when the rain starts!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Townman

There were a couple of drops but this seems to have cleared and the connection is looking fine. At this stage I would say to monitor it @John_  and come back to us at the first sign of an issue. 

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team