cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

aklackhussain

Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi,

Ever since I switched to plusnet from talktalk the internet will disconnect and go through a cycle we’re it takes ages to reconnect. The router will just flash orange for a while and then eventually connect. This is extremely frustrating and I am considering terminating my contract if I’m unable to resolve this. I have done all the checks e.g. line test and checked all the hardware and even connected the router to the mainline
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Have you have you phoned support? Business phone support is very proficient.

Is the any noise on the phone line? Dial 17070 option 2 - the line should be silent.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @aklackhussain,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue with the connection. I've had a look into the account today and I can see that there have been drops, though our line tests haven't detected any underlying faults. You'd mentioned that you'd carried out various troubleshooting steps - when did you carry these out and have any of the changes you made to the setup been permanent, or did you return the router to it's original position after a few hours?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
aklackhussain

Hi,

Hope you are well too. So I’ve tested the internet on the test socket but this was only for a day and then I returned back to the original setup. I don’t believe there were any drops when connected to the test socket but this could have been just one of those days were there were no drops.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @aklackhussain

I've just taken a look into this for you and I can see you've had some drops last night. 

Would you be able to plug your router back into the test socket and see if things drop out? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aklackhussain

Hi,

So I’ve connected the router to the test socket this afternoon and will leave it overnight and monitor it. Before putting in the test socket it has been quite bad today and dropped out may times which has been extremely frustrating. So far I haven’t noticed any drop outs
aklackhussain

So the internet is still dropping even when connected to the test socket - unsure as to what the issue is, today it has been pretty bad and it has dropped multiple times throughout the day
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @aklackhussain

I'm really sorry to see you're still having a lot of issues.

I can see you've spoken with an adviser just now and they're making some changes to your line's profile to try to make things more stable. It can take a few days for the changes to fully take effect.

Let us know how it goes as the next step if you're still having issues would likely be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit with you to investigate further. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet