cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

VAPWHIT

Connection issues

Hi, I have 9 plusnet accounts all with business fibre unlimited, a couple of them drop connection throughout the day meaning we cannot use our credit card machines. Some of these routers are quite old 5 years plus, could this be causing the problems ?

Have text the help with our phone number which comes back all good but our epos supplier says its a router problem.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Connection issues

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Business

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see your business connections are dropping out. 

If you can PM me your account usernames, I'll be happy to take a look for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Connections can drop out at various levels - WiFi or broadband and the approach to them needs to be different.

You should start by checking the quality of the phone lines. Dial 17070 option 2 and confirm that the line is silent.

Also when the PDQs lose connection check the lights on the router and see if other internet connectivity is lost.

Sometimes the issue is the PDQ itself. My local pub’s PDQ often loses its connection whilst everything else internet related is fine.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.