cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there no longer a business sales telephone number?

carl0s
Rising Star

is there no longer a business sales telephone number?

No matter which number I dial, all I can get is support - and the waiting time that comes with.

I am trying to place a new business fibre order, and the address checker doesn't like the address I'm choosing so I have to call.

20 REPLIES 20
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: is there no longer a business sales telephone number?

@carl0s  Have you tried this one on the Business website ..... Sales: 0800 023 2221   open 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM

carl0s
Rising Star

Yep, and have given up being on hold.

I have tried all these three:

0800 028 0282 (14min 52 sec)

0800 023 2221 (14min 2sec)

0800 587 1744 (17 sec - just to hear the same IVR options - with no option to 'join us')

There is literally no option to join us or sign up - it's all support for existing customers with problems etc.

Is this part of the killing-off of Plusnet (along the lines of pushing all the Full Fibre orders in the direction of EE and BT) ?

carl0s
Rising Star

I'll have to try again in the morning when there's more staff on.

I need to place an order - about the ~56th one for this customer of mine (they have a few coffee shops), and I see three options for the address that all could all be a match. The one that is definitely a match (it has the name of the previous shop that was in the unit - Top Man, and also says Unit 3, which is what I have been told), will not let me continue (see attached screenshot).

Then I have two other options, one says 'Unit 3, 3 Town Square', and the other says '3 Town Square'.

Of those other two options, one says a new line install is needed, and the other allows a working line takeover. Our fitout guy says there is a phone socket by the water meter, so who knows if I should go ahead with an attempted WLTO or not. Also is there a CP / service in place already (10 working day lead time minimum), or not.

I don't want to end up in a situation where due to some records screwup, it takes 3 months (no exaggeration, this is how long one of our last batch of stores took, with me ringing and chasing plusnet every day, morning, midnight, and plusnet chasing tickets with a hopeless Openreach every 2 - 3 days) to get phone & broadband installed.

sorry.png

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

That "Unfortunately we've hit a problem"  page is what you see if you enter a postcode in a Full Fibre only area - Plusnet can't currently supply any broadband in those areas (I believe that's approaching 400 areas now). So if that's what you see when you enter your customer's postcode, it may be that you will have to use a different ISP...

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

The address isn't in a fiber priority area though. Infact FTTP isnt available. 

If the OP searches here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome he will find that the TOPMAN listing shows XX instead of MR which points more to me of a database error

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Business.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

We’re aware of an issue with the business number which looks to be routing calls to the residential line, so not being able to get through to business sales may likely be related and I’ll flag that up as part of the investigation.

In the meantime, if someone plugs a handset into the phone socket, do they get a dial tone? If so, dial 17070 and that should read the number back which may help in identifying the right line to takeover.

If there’s no dial tone, then new line install at the correct address shown on PAF (Postcode Address File) is the way to go ideally, but as you can’t place an order at the right address, there may be a records issue which an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) could fix.

If you can PM me the full address including postcode, I can take a closer look for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carl0s
Rising Star

Yes, quite. And it was a database error that caused the delay last time. It wasn't 3 months, it was close to 4. Order placed October 23rd 2021, service live first week of February 2022. Openreach engineers being repeatedly sent to install an fttc line to a street cabinet miles away - a routing / addressing error which openreach back office admin couldn't be arsed to fix in a normal timeframe.

Of the last 17 orders placed on 23rd October, I had about 4 give the same error page on the website and I had to phone up to place orders, like I was trying to do today.

As you correctly state, it isn't a fibre priority exchange, and in fact fttp isn't available at all. I guess you figured out the address from the little info I gave! Anyway for anyone else following, it's post code ol11xe, Unit 3, used to be Top Man. BT wholesale checker reports numbers just fine.
carl0s
Rising Star

Yes I believe my call to business support two weeks ago was answered by residential...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really sorry for the issues you've had and you've not been able to get straight through to business support/sales. Sad

I'll look at this for you tomorrow when I'm back in the office. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@carl0s

The address which gives you that error isn't showing up in the supplier database, but the other two are. 

If you can find out whether the line is working and the landline number, I can raise an ORDI to build the right address in the supplier systems in line with PAF. Alternatively I've checked both the existing addresses and there are plenty of spare pairs showing in the records which suggests that a new line installation shouldn't be a problem. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carl0s
Rising Star

Thank for checking Galdalf. I'll have to see if I can get someone with a telephone to head over there.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and sounds like a plan!

Let me know what they say. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

0161 626 8110 was the published number for Top Man - does that help any?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.