If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: unable / slow connection with Adobe Creative Cloud

Don't try it. We staff outnumber you mods. Tongue

BDF9D14B-DFF3-468A-8283-1E1FFEFC7A07.gif

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

image.png

If you know, you know. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Could be barking up the wrong tree but there are similarities between this case and another I dealt with some time ago that affected an IoT device. 

It would be interesting to know: -

1. What DNS server addresses are being used by @Jon7's hub? This information should be visible in the Hub Manager/GUI somewhere.

2. Assuming the DNS addresses begin with '212', then what happens if you enable Safeguard, reboot the hub and then disable Safeguard/reboot the hub again?

In theory, step 2 above would assign '213' addresses to the hub, and if the cause is similar to the thread I linked to, then it would 'fix' the problem.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Jon7
Dabbler

Good news.  The new hub arrived super quick and has resolved the problem.  Thank you for your assistance.  

If only the phone support senior staff had the same drive to understand the technical problems and help resolve it as you.  The line 'we are only required to provide you an internet connection, and you have that, so there is nothing I can do to help you' is not the level if help I was looking for with my interaction with them.  So I am pleasantly surprised by the help here from you and tech-savvy customers alike.

Many thanks,

Jon

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, glad that the new router's sorted it out!

We do encourage our staff who take calls to think outside of the box to get to the bottom of an issue. Sorry that it looks like they didn't when you rang. Sad Many of us staff on the forums once started here in the call centre on the phones. 

If there's absolutely anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to us here. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ArcPD
Dabbler

Hi I have just read through the problem jon7 described. Mine is very similar and is as follows:

When trying to log into my Adobe account the login window opens and then freezes. Same when I try and open my creative Cloud account, the window opens and just freezes.

My neighbour kindly let me into their Vodaphone broadband w-fi and the login works without a hitch.

Hence I can only conclude that there is something in the Plusnet set up which is now (probably due to changes with Adobe and or Plusnet) that does not allow access t the log-in section of the Adobe Account.

Can you please help. We are on deadline and desperately need a solution (beyond the charity of our neighbour).

Thanks

Peter

ArcPD
Dabbler

Have spent days with Adobe and the Plusnet support team with no success...I was finally referred to this forum

P

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@ArcPD - there are two suggested workarounds in this thread.

1. Explicitly set DNS addresses on the machine/device you're trying to access the service from. If you provide details of what device this is, the Community can help you.

2. Not guranteed to work but try logging into your online Plusnet account, enable the Safeguard service, reboot your router, disable the Safeguard service, then reboot your router once more.

If they both fail, then please share details of the router model you have and we can pick up from there.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ArcPD
Dabbler

Hi thanks so much for the prompt response..

Do you mean the type of Mac I am using? If so it is an iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010) running OS10.12.6

Peter

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Peter,

Cheers for the post and I'm really sorry to see you're having this issues too. Sad

Could you try going through the steps Here to change/add the DNS servers for your Mac? Use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Let me know how it goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ArcPD
Dabbler

I suspect I may not have properly understood point 1.

Will give point 2 a go.

P

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The first point is more likely to work I'd say, but it's worth trying both.

The link I've given is to Apple's help site which guides you through changing the DNS servers.

If you get stuck though let me know. I'll be here until 8pm and even out of hours, I'm generally around. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ArcPD
Dabbler

Point 2 did not work

Now for the DNS...

ArcPD
Dabbler

It is Friday and all things that can go wrong go wrong at end of play Friday, or are not resolved and destroy the weekend..

This issue has devoured days with Apple, Adobe and on the phone to Plusnet support... and now .....

Gandalf you are a star !!! and have made our weekend!

The DNS adjustment has worked perfectly on both our two 2010 iMacs and the 2014 Mac Pro. Whew!!!!

Like all small businesses ( I am a photographer and my partner a designer) we are all amateur techies and only go there when stuff goes wrong. Are you able to explain in laypersons terms just what this DNS adjustment has actually done? 

You and Bob on this forum have been a life saver. 

Thank you both so much!

All the very best. Have a lovely weekend!

Peter