cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed drop

symbioteraider

speed drop

restarted everything gone through all steps, service was restricted but bill has been paid but still feels like my speed is being restricted gone from 16-18 to under 3 mbs and dsl keeps dropping too

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: speed drop

@symbioteraider 

The billing restriction is probably a coincidence. Your symptoms could be caused by a break in one of the two telephone cores feeding your property. Does your phone work? If not then you need to report a phone fault.

Let us know and we can advise further.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having speed issues. I've had a look at this for you tonight and I can't see any restrictions on your account. I can however see your broadband's dropping regularly which would undoubtedly cause your slow speeds.

I've attached a picture below showing this:

I've tested your line also and the tests aren't showing the cause for that. Can you check if your router's plugged into your master telephone socket, and do you have a landline phone to check there's a clear dial tone with no noise? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
symbioteraider

there's noise down my phone line so there's a break or a fault somewhere

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

As above you need to report a phone line fault to you phone provider.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

As we're your phone provider, I've created a ticket on your account to progress this issue. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for this, but I'd like to call out an Openreach engineer and arrange a visit with you.

Could you reply to the ticket by going Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I can make sure we book the engineer for you as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet