Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet connection

FIXED
jim123
Dabbler

no internet connection

technicolor tg582n router

hi, i have logged a fault but have had no reply as of yet and ive been without internet now for 2 days.

I have done all the suggested tests, turning router off for period of time, checking cabels, resets and plugging into master socket, replace microfilters, all to no avail.

The broadband light on the router is on solid green, the internet light flashes green. the phone line is fine too.

Whenever i try and connect all i get to is the admin log in page to the router. In here it says im connected but nothing is working.

Would much appreaicte any ideas?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: no internet connection

How are you connecting to the router, wired using Ethernet cable or wireless? What do you use to connect to the router admin pages? Have you tried both wireless and wired connections? The lights seem to say that you are connected, so the modem is working but it's the router function that's failing in some way. It could be a dead router.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jim123
Dabbler

Hi Baldrick

Thanks for the reply.

Im connecting to the router via wireless and can get to the admin pages by either my phone or ipad as both direct me there when i turn them on. I can then sign in ok and everything in there seems to suggest all is well. Still no internet though.

Ive logged the problem so am just waiting on a reply currently. Im guessing the router might be up too, pity as I only renewed my contract in the last couple of weeks.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Why not ring them back and ask for a new router as part of your recontract for the cost of the P&P? You don't get if you don't ask! It will only be a Hub Zero but it will show if this is your problem and give you a spare.

Have you got the means to connect via an Ethernet cable to see what happens?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jim123
Dabbler

i think i will do that, worth a go.

I do have an ethernet cabel so will try that when i get back just to eliminate the possibility.

thanks for your help !

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Apologies for the delayed response.

From what I can see this is working now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jim123
Dabbler

I retried the authenication settings in the server and this time it worked. last night it didnt but thank you both for your time, much appreciated !