cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailboxes full of SPAM

mitchell20
Grafter

mailboxes full of SPAM

What are PN playing at.  My inbox currently contains 96 UNMARKED UNTAGGED SPAM messages?
Simple question to Plus Net:
What is the point of having the option to automatically delete SPAM when it's not marked in the first place?
When will Plusnet start offering a reliable relatively spam free email service?
7 REPLIES 7
Mand
Grafter

Re: mailboxes full of SPAM

Spam filters are not 100% effective, and in all honesty never will be.
Spammers continue to think of new ways to get around spam filtering, and keeping up with these changes consumes lots of time and resource.
That said, we're working really hard to eliminate as much as we can, and the thread on this forum regarding the critical path trial goes into more detail surrounding what we are doing at the moment.
Out of interest, you received 96 untagged messages, how many were tagged during this time?
Bookman
Grafter

Quote from: mitchell20
What are PN playing at.  My inbox currently contains 96 UNMARKED UNTAGGED SPAM messages?

Check the dates to see if this is new spam or old spam. I have a problem for the last two days where every time I connect to the PN server it tries to dump all the old mail on me  - 17000 emails! And most of that is old spam. It looks like the server has garbled the unique identifiers on my old mail.
Mand, if you are there, please have a look at my Questions on this. I added it to the end of a current question yesterday (22966706), got no reply, therefore opened a new question this morning (23275695). I've asked PN to delete all mail on my account on the server. I can't download any current email until I get rid of the old messages. I'm getting desperate - I haven't been able to get through by phone either.
Thanks!
Bookman
Grafter

Strange! Every time I rang today it said "In excess of 15 minutes - tried again and waiting now - it now says in excees of 10 minutes".
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: Bookman
Mand, if you are there, please have a look at my Questions on this. I added it to the end of a current question yesterday (22966706), got no reply, therefore opened a new question this morning (23275695). I've asked PN to delete all mail on my account on the server. I can't download any current email until I get rid of the old messages. I'm getting desperate - I haven't been able to get through by phone either.
Thanks!

This is being sorted for you now. You should have a response in the next few minutes.
Bookman
Grafter

Thanks! Now able to download without the old mail being dumped. It was a major issue here and lost me a day's work on Friday, so I'm relieved it's been cleared.
mitchell20
Grafter

All of this mail has not got any of my full mailbox email address on DESPITE having catch all switched OFF.
So despite having SPAM guard switched on SPAM is not been marked and despite having catch all SWITCHED OFF I still receive mail
Why?
mitchell20
Grafter

Clearly catch all isnt working
I've now deleted my postmaster mailbox to try and stop this (I'll really dont care if this IS against PN T&C's)
Can someone please check that my postmaster email is blackholed on my account.