cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost of connection

todger4

lost of connection

Lost my plusnet connection for 5 days, did everything possible check and retrying different equipment,filters cables , routers and no syn.
PLusnet look into it and did the usual line test and all ok but still no syn, so they passed it on to BT.
After 5 days suddenly i get syn and YAY all is good in the world. Went back to plusnet to report line has connection/syn and ask what the fault was?
Rely  was a joke  quote" BT didnt do anything to resolve the fault for this case so it would appear that the connection has come back by itself, however it's possible there was a problem on the external line or exchange equipment we didnt get notified about. "
If theres a fault theres a problem, a company like plusnet should be more transparent about these matters and if its an issue it should be address.  MY brother is also with plusnet, he also had the same problem on the 30june 2008 and same result.
All i can say is BT is making plusnet look like mugs, cause the fault only gets resolved when passed to BT , when all else fails for plusnet.( how you know BT anit doing this to your customers on purpose to get more market share hint hint).
have been with plusnet since they took over this account from tiscali so that shows how loyal i am to plusnet, but to be treated like this with no full explainatin leave me on concern about this fault developing again. Maybe this this i get GOD to fix it, will make more sence

Crazy todger
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: lost of connection

If your phone was still working then this would likely be a problem with jumpering or a card in the DSLAM. If others on your exchange (not necessarily with PN) had a problem then the card could have been replaced fixing your problem before it got looked at. Engineers have been known to inadvertently remove/disturb jumpering or even disconnected complete lines in cabs! They are not necessarily  going to admit their faux pas!
Edit: not sure what your poll is about, doesn't seem to have any statistical meaning.
James
Grafter

Re: lost of connection

Hi Todger,
Have you considered that the reply that you got back was actually telling you the truth?  We'll have told you what BT have told us.  Whether or not the information that we got from BT was accurate is another question.
I'm glad that your connection is now working properly.