cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent speed drops.

johncarling

intermittent speed drops.

I've been with plusnet around 6 or 7 years and always had a speed around 59mbps that rarely dropped until around October last year when they started dropping all of a sudden and regularly dropped down to below 35mbps. Still now the problem keeps getting fixed once an openreach engineer comes out then within two or three weeks the speed drops again and they just keep sending out engineers like I've got all the time in the world. I have an ombudsman looking into this as I've had enough of ringing plusnet and having engineers out with the problem not being fixed. I would just like to know why my download profile is at 50mbps? I'm obviously not going to receive my normal speed when my profile is at a lower speed. 

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: intermittent speed drops.

Hiya @johncarling, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that you have experienced continued issues with your speed and that it's returned after engineer visits. This is of course not the experience we want you to have with us. 

Your open case with the Ombudsman will continue to be handled via the Ombudsman portal.

I have had a check and can see that your sync speed is 53.9mb. Your connection profile on the account is in line with the sync speeds and so won't impact the speed that you are currently receiving. 

It looks like based on your speed test results you are currently achieving speeds above your minimum guaranteed though should this drop below again please do get back to us and we can raise a new fault for you to progress this in the meantime whilst the case is ongoing. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: intermittent speed drops.

Your reference screen shots are not comparing like with like.

The BT speed estimates are line sync speed figures.

The speed test report is data speed.

These are very much not the same and not what you need to compare.  As a base line, you need to look at the full router stats (line speed and SNRM) against the BT speed estimates.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.