cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help! BT engineer booked to do wrong thing?

jheenan
Grafter

Re: help! BT engineer booked to do wrong thing?

Thanks Jojo. I've not heard from anyone (though I did get two calls from blocked numbers that just said "Call failed" when I tried to answer them which I guess could been the faults guys).
I've got an update on my ticket that just basically says we need to know when you're free to arrange another engineer visit - is that really the only option? I can't really afford to take another day off work (this'll be the fourth one!) for another engineer (who probably won't have 21CN compatible test equipment anyway) to be booked to change a piece of equipment at the exchange.
If that is the only option, is there at least a way to guarantee I get a guy with 21CN test equipment and that knows what he's doing and won't leave until the fault is fixed?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JosephH,
We just need the dates now. As it's an escalation we can make sure what kind of engineer comes, so as soon as you update your ticket with the dates let me know.
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

Thanks Jojo, I've added dates to the ticket, though as I mention I'm really not happy about taking another day off. (I shall remain sceptical that the right engineer will turn up, given it was (apparently) already an escalation when the second engineer came out!)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JosephH,
I've one of our senior faults guys dealing with this. He told me just before I left that he will confirm everything in the morning. (and I'll remind him!)
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

Jojo, yet again - many thanks  Grin
I'll try to tame my scepticism for now Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

I do appear to have a confirmed appointment for Monday now, explicitly requesting an engineer with 21CN test equipment... so nothing to do now other than wait and pray Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JosephH,
Thank you for all your patience with this.
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

Well, the engineer did turn up today at least.
However the summary is basically the same end result as engineer number 2: he thinks there's something wrong in the exchange, he can't change the line splitter card (despite this being the only purpose of getting him out), he had the same usb modem as engineer 2 and couldn't keep sync on the line for more than a minute (even though all 3 of my routers will hold sync for days so long as there's not an incoming call). Fault still happens and engineer has left now.
Unbelievable!  Angry
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JosephH,
I'm flummoxed. Let me have a word with one of the faults managers and see what they can do.
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

Thanks Jojo  Smiley Really hope someone can figure out what on earth is going on!
jheenan
Grafter

I got a phone call this evening (thanks Jojo), apparently BT are sending someone out tomorrow to change the line splitter - and I don't need to wait at home!
Unfortunately it seems today's work has ended up switching interleaving off again, so the line is bordering on unusable now Sad Maybe BT's systems will kick it back on overnight.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JosephH,
I'm glad he was able to sort something out for you. Let me know how it goes.
Jojo Smiley
jheenan
Grafter

I think this is getting quite surreal now - just had a phone call from the engineer booked for today... "I understand there's something wrong with your telephone".
Apparently he's a frames engineer, and changing the line splitter is well outside his remit - I think he's gone back to try and talk to whoever booked the job, but he seemed to be saying it was unlikely he could get anything done at their end and it'd have to go back to the ISP for rebooking again.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JosephH,
I'll pass this on to the guy you spoke to last night.
Jojo Smiley
itsme
Grafter

A Frames guy would do a lift and shift which has the same affect to changing the line splitter.