Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: emails

Our Networks guys are looking at this at the moment and have identified the issue. Can you retest and let me know if you're still seeing the same issues?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Looking much better!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
petejackson
Grafter

I can confirm I'm seeing pop3 mailboxes failures on multiple accounts too.  Our network guys are investigating and attempting to resolve.  Your patience is appreciated.  I know it's frustrating. Sad
update: It's working for me now.  You too?
amcbride
Grafter

Multiple plus net addresses now coming through but each time a different plus net address seems to still ask for user name and password and rejects it.
Chris
Legend

OK thanks, I'll pass that information on.
@amcbride,
I'm just looking into yours now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@amcbride
Do you have more than one Plusnet account? The one associated with the community login only has 1 mailbox on it and that's working fine.
amcbride
Grafter

Seems to be ok I had been changing passwords, as originally thought my passwords were incorrect. Now I seem to have all the passwords back to what they were before I started messing around with them. Many thanks for speedy fix.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

POP3 collection not working, but IMAP for same email accounts working OK.
Mail app on Macintosh says login failed, verify username and password are correct - which they are as I have not touched them.
iPhone which is using IMAP for mail collection from same account/mailbox works fine.
mikeb
Rising Star

Ummmm, I seem to be getting no shortage of errors and other issues accessing pop3 since the planned maintenance period earlier today as well Sad  The error message I am getting is along the lines of "username and password rejected (temporary problem please try again later)" but the problem does not appear to be affecting all accounts/mboxes on a continual basis.  However, it has been occurring quite consistently on one particular mbox since 23:27 yesterday evening and I have been completely unable to login to that mbox since that time.  Other accounts/mboxes appear to be accessible in general although not 100% of the time it would seem.
Can't see any service.status other than the announcement of the maintenance as yet but I do note from above comments that it's being looked into..

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
Chris
Legend

Service  status was posted near 30 minutes ago Mike: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1255170258.htm
However, it has been occurring quite consistently on one particular mbox since 23:27 yesterday evening and I have been completely unable to login to that mbox since that time.

That was to be expected overnight as the platform was taken down.
The issues this morning were caused by a broken mount and a missing mount to the mailcs, they've both now been fixed and we're not seeing any errors now.
Tony_W
Grafter

Seems OK now for me.
Tony
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

POP3 working OK again now - had to re-enter passwords in mail client - odd because I deliberately didn't take any action to delete or change them earlier.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: mikeb
However, it has been occurring quite consistently on one particular mbox since 23:27 yesterday evening

Not sure about the point you are making here.
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1254996724.htm
Is it likely to cause problems?
Yes, inbound email delivery will be switched off at 10.30pm which means that you will not receive any email until delivery is resumed between 3.30am and 5.00am Saturday morning. Email collection will also be unavailable from 11.00pm until 3.30am Saturday morning, which means that attempts to collect email will result in error messages, timeouts or username and password errors. You will not be able to access Webmail whilst email collection is down and holding pages will be in place.

Are you complaining that it was 27 minutes late going down?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mikeb
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
Service  status was posted near 30 minutes ago Mike: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1255170258.htm

Well, there certainly wasn't anything posted in service.status or on the portal service status page when I actually looked ... but that was just before I started typing it has to be said so it would appear more typing and less tea supping needed at my end as it apparently took me ~20 mins to post that short message if service.status was indeed updated at 11.24  Grin
The one mbox being particularly stupid does indeed appear to be Ok now Smiley Not sure if all the others are back to normal or not as yet but will check to see if random/intermittent errors are still occurring later in the day.
Was fully expecting access problems starting late last night of course as per the earlier announcement, just wasn't expecting to see some continuing until this sort of time the following day that's all.

mikeb
Rising Star

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: mikeb
However, it has been occurring quite consistently on one particular mbox since 23:27 yesterday evening

Not sure about the point you are making here.
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1254996724.htm
Is it likely to cause problems?
Yes, inbound email delivery will be switched off at 10.30pm which means that you will not receive any email until delivery is resumed between 3.30am and 5.00am Saturday morning. Email collection will also be unavailable from 11.00pm until 3.30am Saturday morning, which means that attempts to collect email will result in error messages, timeouts or username and password errors. You will not be able to access Webmail whilst email collection is down and holding pages will be in place.

Are you complaining that it was 27 minutes late going down?

Jeeeeeezzzzzz ... get a grip on reality will ya !!!
I was merely quoting precise time frames etc of observed problems to possibly help identify what may or may not be causing them.  I was fully aware that problems were to be expected as of sometime late last night and all that as I read, digest and subsequently archive ALL service.status posts on an 'n' times daily basis. The point was that the problems started when the server went down (as expected) but continued consistently for many hours after the server came back up.
Just what exactly was *your* point BTW ? 
Maybe you should be a tad more concerned about PN not actually noticing that the file system(s) weren't mounted correctly after they switched the server(s) back on rather than wasting time nit-picking through other users' posts trying to find reasons to criticise or whatever ? I mean it was what, more than 8 hours since the server came back up and no one had actually noticed that it wasn't back up 100% because of broken/missing mounts !  That maintenance session was very well monitored and everything checked/tested/verified afterwards wasn't it ... NOT  Roll_eyes