cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling

glenng

cancelling

The notice period for cancellation is 30days. Does this also mean that you can only get connected with another ISP after 30 days ?, or can your new ISP imediettly start providing the service ?
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: cancelling

Hi there,
The notice period really refers to billing more than anything else.
You would be poerfectly entitled to place a new order with another ISP on the day that you cancelled your service.
Are you looking at leaving us?  Any reason why?
glenng

I pay £20.99 per month(the gaming option)
I moved over the weekend. I have to pay £40 and then still wait 10 days to get access.
This weekend is Easter. Ideal gaming time.
I have Sky and could probably get connected in a flash.
For £20 a month, not sure why I still incurr additional charges and also wait 10 days. There is already a line at the new place. My telephone number will be moved in 2 days. Why do I need to wait so long for Internet connectivity.
James
Grafter

Hi Glen,
All broadband orders for new activations with BT Wholesale take 5 working days and cost the ISP £40.
It's simply an industry standard.
prichardson
Grafter

Connecting broadband to a line is not a simple task. There is far more to it than the signup form you see on a website.
There is a planning and physical cabling at your local exchange to enable to the broadband equipment, also any work to remove semi-incompatible devices (such as DACS (a line sharing devices)).
This same background work is required by all providers and is no different for companies such as Sky.
They utilise some of the same ordering systems, and have to make use of the same exchange engineers to perform this function. No provider, including BT gets any priority of these engineers.
Ianwild
Grafter

It's not for me to bad mouth other providers, but I literally Googled "Sky Activation" and one of the first sites returned says "You have to wait 10 days for connection and a further few days for all of your equipment if you connect your router yourself."
I would be interested to know what could make them do it faster, just because we should be able to do the same!
Anyway, I hope we can find a solution to this. Although we won't be able to make the BT engineers plug you in any quicker, at least in terms of deferring the cost of moving for you and writing it off over a year, we should be able to help. 
Regards,
Ian