cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wouldn't normally bring my issues here...

Simon22
Dabbler

Wouldn't normally bring my issues here...

But sadly, the amount of time between ticket responses is making it seem like Plusnet view my problem as very low priority, when in fact I couldn't be more urgent.
I'm hoping a Plusnet support member will see this and realise that since June, yes June I have been having disconnection problems. It drops frequently, I pick up my phone and it reconnects. I understand what this problem is, as do Plusnet, but BT can't get their useless heads round it.
Basically the 3rd engineer stopped the error for a month or so but now it's back and it's driving me absolutely mad as I can't do my job properly.
I re-open the ticket and get told to do things like change my filter, as if I'm someone who has just learnt what the internet is, and not someone who has jumped through every single hoop since June to get this resolved.
I then get told my ticket will be dealt with in a few days time, what problems do I need to have to get a little bit of priority. All I'm asking for is a stable net connection, not much.
Once again, sorry to rant on here like every other person with a problem, but I've been as patient as possible and it isn't getting me anywhere.
Simon
15 REPLIES 15
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Wouldn't normally bring my issues here...

A ticket number will help to identify you.
Simon22
Dabbler

I assumed I could be tracked via my forum ID. In that case - ID: 22788988
Mark
Grafter

Hi Simon.
Sorry for the difficulty you are experiencing. I'll get on to this today and keep you updated.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
One of our faults agents will be calling BT Wholesale regarding this for you shortly.
I'd like to clarify something if I may though. Wink
When a fault is raised to BT Wholesale by one of our faults agents our system automatically puts the ticket on hold (as we have to wait for a BTW response). However as soon as you or BT respond to the issue the ticket is released for the attention of our faults team. So I can assure you that your issue is not being ignored, simply that this is the way our system works to prevent our faults agents working through tickets which have no update. This saves our time and yours, as they can get through more customer faults this way. Smiley
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

So if I understand correctly, what you are saying Mand is:
Once we (PlusNet) pass the problem to BTw the ticket is on hold until the User or BTw make a response? 
There seems to be flaw here?  At this stage, PN 'own' the problem on behalf of the User and should make regular progress checks that BTw are acting responsibly towards the problem.
If the User has to be the initiator to bring the problem off the 'Hold' status, I can see why frustration builds up?
Surely in such cases the Ticket should come off 'Hold' every 'n' days to prompt the fault agent?
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The ticket is on hold for a maximum of 72 hours each time, the faults guys also work from a report so they can see which faults haven't had updates from BT and ensure these get looked at too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Simon22
Dabbler

Hi guys,
Thanks for jumping straight on this issue for me. Sorry for having a grizzle but I felt like the forum would be another way to let you know the trouble I was having.
My ticket has been updated and I'll wait for your next response.
Cheers
Simon
James
Grafter

Hi Simon,
It's looking like once BT get back to us, they'll be asking us for some further access times to get an SFI Engineer sent round to your place.  I do appreciate that this will have been done before (although not sure what type of engineer was sent round in the first place), but hopefully this will be more productive than last time around.
We'll obviously update you as soon as we have heard from them.
leskaye

I had exactly this kind of fault. Once BT had finally got all the audible hiss and crackle off the line it improved but then reappeared. The solution is to fit an adsl outlet in your BT master socket. BT did this for free but I noticed this link on another post if you want to DIY.
http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php
puddy
Grafter

your really lucky you got a BT engineer
F9 refused to send out BT engineer to me saying they would charge me £200 if no fault found.
F9 told me connect the computer to master socket how far the exchange etc  etcI told them their was a problem and in 3 months they did nothing to help me
In the end I had to get BT retail to sort out my issue and they solved it in 30 seconds
Regards
Puddy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We wouldn't refuse to send an engineer out if that's the step that BT Wholesale suggest for a fault resolution. The reason we don't just send engineers out is due to the cost if the fault is found to be your equipment/internal setup. it's currently £144 + VAT.
If BT retail fixed the fault it suggests that the problem wasn't actually on the ADSL service but was caused by a problem on the voice line which would then cause problems for the ADSL.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I'm surprised BT Retail done anything for you, since you don't get your broadband from them. (Isn't BT Retail the consumer-facing side to BT's Broadband services?)
Unless it was a voice fault?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Mand is referring to the part of BT responsible for the voice side, which is still sometimes called BT Retail.
Simon22
Dabbler

Oh don't get me started on BT Retail.
I've had 2 wholesale engineers (ADSL) and one Retail engineer (Voice) which amounted to absolutely nothing. If you call them they all refuse to speak to one another, it's enough to drive you crazy.
Also I'm still disconnecting every evening. I'm starting to lose hope in anyone helping me. I have ordered that filter posted further up, if anyone is gonna sort this problem I guess it will have to be me.